In this guide, we go over the best crypto exchanges in Bahrain. We have analyzed and evaluated 133 crypto exchanges in 8 different categories. We measured all aspects of their service including fees, trading platform, mobile trading, deposits & withdrawals, assets, customer support, liquidity, and security.
Crypto trading platforms that reached the highest scoring are considered in the following list:
Top 6 Crypto Exchanges In Bahrain
- eToro – is the best crypto exchange in Bahrain. Great copy trading tool, regulated by top tier one authorities.
- Binance – Well established cryptocurrency trading platform with large trading volumes and liquidity.
- Coinbase – Great trading platform and low fees.
- Cash App – comes up in fourth spot. Best tool set for beginners. Easy to use Bitcoin trading platform.
- Bit Oasis – Best Exchange For Low Fees
- Crypto.com – is the best crypto exchange for multiple assets. Competitive tools, safe mobile trading app.
Best Crypto Exchanges Bahrain – List
|Exchange||Overall Score||General info||Fees (Maker/Taker)||Spot Volume (BTC)|
|#1||eToro||4.9||Best overall crypto exchange||1%/1%||$2,739,612|
|#2||Binance||4.3||Best Altcoin Portfolio||0.1% /0.1%||$806,899,070|
|#3||Coinbase||4.4||Best crypto trading platform||1.99%/1.99%||$451,706,550|
|#4||Cash App||4.7||Best For Beginners||0.1% /0.1%||$806,899,070|
|#5||Bit Oasis||3.4||Best Exchange For Low Fees||1%/1%||$1,949,225|
|#6||Crypto.com||4.3||Best For Asset Diversity||1.8%/2.75%||$68,571|
This section below breaks down the best crypto trading platforms in Bahrain, beginning with the best rated eToro.
1. eToro – Best Bahrain Crypto Exchange Overall
Min Deposit: $200
Assets available: 4.8
79% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money. eToro AUS Capital Ltd ACN 612 791 803 AFSL 491139. OTC Derivatives are speculative and leveraged. Not suitable for all investors. Capital at risk. See PDS and TMD
eToro is a well established online broker who offer cryptocurrency trading as CFDs, as physical cryptos through their eToroX exchange and in-house e-wallet storage. Their trading platform is easy to use, offers advanced copy trading features and supports over 40 different digital assets. Professional traders will miss advanced conditional orders, sophisticated charting tools and some popular digital currencies.
Professional crypto traders will like eToroX, which comes with all features and tools offered by industry leading decentralized crypto exchanges including margin trading, fast execution, APIs and fiat deposits in USD and AED.
eToro is regulated by top tier financial authorities. It keeps a track record of users stored funds for over a decade. Account opening is fast and simple, customer supports is responsive and available in Arabic language. The minimum deposit is $200, withdrawal fees are low, overall fees are industry average.
- Access to over 4000+ tradable symbols
- Great overall market coverage
- Easy to use mobile trading app and platforms
- Industry leading social/copy trading app
- Great cryptocurrency trading features
- Responsive customer support
- Algorithmic trading not available
- Forex and CFD fees above industry average
- Education and research tools missing
- Sophisticated social-copy trading features
- Multiple different payment options
- Crypto exchange and brokerage services on the same dashboard
- Super fast registration and KYC on-boarding process
- Zero commission stock trading
- Great ease of use level
2. Binance – Best Platform to Buy Cryptocurrency in Bahrain
Assets available: 5.0
Binance is the biggest crypto exchange in the industry and is a great choice for experienced investors looking to trade high volume and great selections of coins. High-volume crypto traders will appreciate the high spot trading volumes, low fee structure and advanced trading tools and order types.
Binance has premium account features, including staking rewards and OTC trading. Traders earn from 1-10% for holding different assets over time. We recommend this crypto exchange for advanced UAE and Dubai crypto traders who want to trade with lower trading fees and invest in less popular altcoins. We do not recommend Binance for beginner traders.
- The best daily trading volume for both spot Crypto trading and for Crypto derivatives
- The best choice of different assets to trade
- Great choice of saving and stalking options
- Very competitive trading fees
- Very good trading platform with lots of advanced features
- Easy sign-up process
- Very good choice for mobile trading
- Great deposit and withdrawal options
- Exchange has been hacked in the past
- Considerable withdrawal fees
- Customer support is sometimes hard to
- Spot and derivative crypto trading
- P2P (Peer-to-peer) crypto trading available
- Trading platform integrated with tradingview; automated trading available
- Savings, staking, crypto loans, Binance smart pool
- Binance liquid swap
- Binance Visa Card
3. Coinbase – Best Platform For Cryptocurrencies
Assets available: 3.6
Coinbase is a well established crypto exchange with great buy, sell and exchange options for traders at all levels. Their trading platform offers access to over 100 crypto assets, fast trade execution, rewards on trading and a beginners friendly interface. Trading fees are above industry average.
Coinbase Pro is available for professionals with access to a lower fee structure and advanced tool including stop loss orders, advanced charting and indicators. Users will not find an option to trade futures or to trade on margin accounts.
Customer support is slow and ranks below industry average.
- Strong selection of supported digital currencies
- Great trading volume
- Easy to use trading platform
- Great security standards
- Very good deposit and withdrawal options
- Great option for mobile trading
- No margin trading (Crypto derivatives)
- Customer service is sometimes hard to reach
- Fees are higher than average
- Your account can be closed depending where you send your cryptos
- Spot crypto trading
- Opportunity to earn cryptocurrencies through crypto learn
- Saving, staking, crypto borrow
- Coinbase Visa Card
- Built their own stable coin (USDC)
4. Cash App – Best Crypto Trading App
Cash App is a global financial platform which offers crypto trading and other financial services and is a great choice for those, who are looking to buy digital assets on an easy to use platform . Cash App is a peer-to-peer money transfer system offering flexible solution to withdraw funds to main crypto wallets and also buy and sell cryptocurrency at the same time.
Cash App offers access to the most traded cryptocurrency assets, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple NFT’s, Shiba Inu and most Altcoins. Their crypto trading app is interactive, easy to use and beginner-friendly. Trading costs are average and you can expect additional fees compared to traditional crypto exchanges. Advanced trading features like different order types, limit orders, standing orders, crypto staking, margin trading and storage options are missing.
Cas app lets users directly deposit money their bank account and use tax filling tools.
- Easy to use, beginner freindly
- High security standards
- Simple sign-up process
- Instant payments
- Bitcoin is only crypto available
- Bitcoin trading fees are above industry average
- Not suitable for advanced Crypto traders
- This cannot be considered as an crypto exchange rather than application to buy bitcoin
- This is not an classical Crypto exchange rather an application form making payments and for investing in bitcoin and stocks
- Paying service
- Investing in stocks
- Credit card
5. BitOasis – Best Exchange For Low Fees
BitOasis is a well established cryptocurrency exchange with headquarters in the United Arab Emirates. It focuses on users from the MENA region. BitOasis is a crypto-to-crypto exchange and an online broker. They offer access to hand picked digital assets including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash and Litecoin. Their trading platform is easy to use, intuitive and offers access to basic trading tools. Trading fees are above industry average.
- Fast registration and verification process
- Good if you want to trade in AED
- Very good mobile app
- Higher trading fees
- Limited number of Crypto trading instruments
- Lack some advanced features (savings, staking)
- No live chat or telephone support
- Spot crypto trading
- Focused on MENA region
6. Crypto.com – Best For Asset Diversity
Assets available: 3.8
Crypto.com is a modern and fast adopting crypto exchange offering access to NFTs, e-wallets, own credit card, staking, investing and crypto trading. Their trading app is intuitive, easy to use and available on iOS and Android. Trading fees are competitive across all accounts. With the extra bonuses for holding specific coins they can compete with the fee structure of industry leading exchanges. Crypto.com offers access to 250 different crypto coins.
- Highest security standards
- Great offer of crypto trading instruments
- Very good trading platform
- Very good research and educational tools
- Very good mobile trading application
- Very good wallet
- Slow customer service
- Very complex fee schedule (if you do not hold Cronos tokens fees are high)
- Difficult to navigate
- Spot and margin crypto trading
- Crypto payments
- Crypto.com Visa Credit Card
- Staking, crypto loans
- Proprietary Cronos tokens
How To Pick a Crypto Exchange?
The main criteria to consider when choosing a crypto exchange include fees, trading platform, mobile trading, deposits & withdrawals, assets, customer support, liquidity, and security.
- Fees: Avoid exchanges that charge high fees on trades, overnight fees, and hidden fees.
- Trading platforms: Look for intuitive, easy to use and fast executing trading platforms.
- Mobile Trading: Mobile trading apps should offer the same trading tools and charts as their web versions.
- Deposit & Withdrawal: Choose an exchange that offers your preferred deposit and withdrawal options with low or no fees.
- Assets: Look for the best coverage of asset classes. Exchanges not offering the most popular alt coins should be voided.
- Customer support: Beginner crypto traders should look out for responsive and professional customer support available in their language.
- Liquidity: High liquidity and trading volumes guarantee that you will be able to sell your crypto assets.
- Security: Prioritise regulated exchanges offering proof of funds, penetration tests and have a clean history record of hack attacks. Always check security features with the crypto exchange security rating agency (CER.live)
*Safety Risks For Bahrain Citizens
A trustworthy cryptocurrency exchange for Bahrain citizens is government-regulated and has a trading licence. Larger exchanges have a banking history.
Related: recommended crypto exchanges for UAE
Regulation Of Cryptocurrency Exchanges in Bahrain
The Central Bank of Bahrain (CBB) is the main regulatory body for cryptocurrency exchanges in Bahrain. In order to get a license from the CBB, an exchange needs to ensure minimum capital requirements and technology standards, strict client safety and cyber security protocols, reporting and data safety standards.
Is Cryptocurrency trading Legal in Bahrain?
Cryptocurrency trading in Bahrain is legal. Bahrain citizens can buy, sell, and hold cryptocurrencies through cryptocurrency exchanges licensed by the Central Bank of Bahrain.
How to Start Trading With – eToro?
eToro is the most popular crypto exchange in Bahrain because of zero hidden fees, copy trading tools, demo account and a beginner friendly platform. Below are steps you need to take in order to start trading on eToro.
STEP 1: Open up the eToro Official Website
Find the link to the eToro crypto section under this link here: https://www.etoro.com/crypto/
STEP 2: Click on the “Get Started” Button
STEP 3: Verify Your Trading Account
To buy cryptocurrency using eToro you need to open a trading account, verify your account and make a deposit. This will enable you to buy, hold and sell crypto assets using this trading platform.
STEP 4: Buy Cryptocurrency
You can buy, hold and sell fractions of each crypto asset. To own a crypto coin you don’t need to buy the whole coin.
We recommend eToro as the best crypto exchange for Bahrain crypto enthusiasts. They offer brokerage and exchange services at the same time along with zero commission fee trades, advanced copy trading tools, a user friendly platform, and the availability of 40 different crypto asset classes.
The results from our final verdict are based on our evaluation process where we research and analyse all aspects of crypto exchange services including fees, trading platforms, mobile trading, deposits & withdrawals, assets, customer support, liquidity, and security.
What Is A Centralized Cryptocurrency Exchange?
A centralized exchange is a private company that offers platforms to trade cryptocurrencies. These exchanges will request registration and identification, known as the Know Your Client rule.
What Is A Decentralized Cryptocurrency Exchange?
A decentralized exchange does not have a central point of control. It resembles a server, but it has each computer within the server spread out across the world. If one computer malfunctions, it does not affect the network. However, decentralized exchanges aren’t obliged to follow any rules of any regulatory body. If you opt for a decentralized exchange, you should consider the risks associated with it. Read our in-depth reviews to learn more about cryptocurrency exchanges and safety.
How To Buy Cryptocurrency Through an Exchange?
Centralized exchanges let users deposit government-backed currencies (fiat money) from a bank account or credit/debit card. These centralized exchanges then provide tools for swapping that currency into the cryptocurrency you choose. The exchange either directly stores the cryptocurrency or transfers it to a wallet you specify.
How To Open A Cryptocurrency Exchange Account?
Cryptocurrency exchanges have you set up an online account and submit proof of identity. This verification process includes checking your identity with a third-party application or submitting a picture of your ID.
How To Cash Out Cryptocurrency In Bahrain?
If you want to cash out crypto in Bahrain, you’ll have to use an exchange that supports withdrawals in your fiat currency. BitOAsis lets users in the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Bahrain, and Saudi Arabia withdraw AED to a bank account. A straightforward way to cash out crypto is with a Uquid debit card. It offers a smooth conversion process for Bitcoin. Bitcoin ATMs are another top way to exchange BTC for fiat currency. LocalBitcoins and other P2P exchanges will help you cash out crypto. Such providers let you buy/sell Bitcoin for different payment methods, including gift cards and bank transfers.
Is Cryptocurrency Trading in Compliance to the Sharia Law?
Trading cryptos is “halal” and in compliance with the sharia law if the underlying tokens in halal.
eToro is a multi-asset platform which offers both investing in stocks and cryptoassets, as well as trading CFDs.
Please note that CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 68% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work, and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
Past performance is not an indication of future results. Trading history presented is less than 5 complete years and may not suffice as basis for investment decision.
Copy trading is a portfolio management service, provided by eToro (Europe) Ltd., which is authorised and regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission.
Cryptoasset investing is unregulated in some EU countries and the UK. No consumer protection. Your capital is at risk.
eToro USA LLC does not offer CFDs and makes no representation and assumes no liability as to the accuracy or completeness of the content of this publication, which has been prepared by our partner utilizing publicly available non-entity specific information about eToro.