In this guide, we go over the best crypto exchanges in Lebanon. We have analysed and evaluated 133 crypto exchanges in 8 different categories. We measured all aspects of their service including fees, trading platform, mobile trading, deposits & withdrawals, assets, customer support, liquidity and security. Crypto trading platforms that reached the highest scoring are considered in the following list:
Top 5 Crypto Exchanges In Lebanon
- CEX IO – Best automated crypto trading tools. Great assets coverage and crypto margin trading.
- Coinmama – Excellent platform with an intuitive interface
- Binance – Well established cryptocurrency trading platform with large trading volumes and liquidity.
- OKX – Best For Low Trading Fees
- Crypto.com – Competitive tools, safe mobile trading app.
Best Crypto Exchanges Lebanon – List
|Exchange||Overall Score||General info||Fees (Maker/Taker)||Spot Volume (BTC)|
|#1||CEX IO||4.6||Most asset classes||0.01%/0.00%||$808,571|
|#2||Coinmama||2||Best Security Standards||0.01%/0.00%||$808,571|
|#3||Binance||4.3||Best Altcoin Portfolio||0.1% /0.1%||$806,899,070|
|#4||OKX||3.1||Best For Low Trading Fees||0.8%/0.8%||$790,030,092|
|#5||Crypto.com||4.3||Best For Asset Diversity||1.8%/2.75%||$68,571|
This section below breaks down the best crypto trading platforms in Lebanon, beginning with the best rated…
1. Cex.io – Best Cryptocurrency Exchange
Assets available: 3.5
CEX IO is a well established crypto exchange, known for its great selection of coins, advanced trading features and collateral loans. With over 90 different crypto asset classes, its advanced trading tools, cross-platform trading and great availability world wide, it is a great fit for advanced traders.
Cex.io has high trading fees for debit/credit card transactions. Deposits are charged with a 2.99% fee, while withdrawals have a fee of 3%.
All traders receive staking rewards and access to a reliable mobile app enabling them to buy and sell cryptocurrency fast and cheap.
- Regulated and licensed
- Very good deposit and withdrawal options
- Very good customer support
- Great choice for mobile trading
- Very good Crypto wallet
- Low security ratings, being hacked previously
- Low trading volumes
- Limited educational content
- Spot and derivative crypto trading
- Automated trading available
- Provides opportunity to earn cryptos (staking, saving)
- Crypto backed loans are available
- CEX.IO credit card
2. Coinmama – Best Security Standards For Crypto Trading
Coinmama is a reputable crypto exchange, great for investors looking for high security standards, simplicity and a great user experience. Their trading platform is simple, easy to use and allows users to buy and sell cryptocurrencies. Experienced traders and investors will miss advanced trading features, e-wallets and other financial products. Trading fees are above industry average compared to other exchanges.
- Well regulated and licensed
- Easy to use trading platform
- Very good choice of deposit and withdrawal methods
- Good mobile application
- High levels of security
- Very good crypto wallet
- Limited number of crypto trading instruments
- Margin trading is not available
- Higher trading fees
- Not convenient for active traders
- No phone customer support
- Lacking some advanced features (savings, staking… )
- Spot crypto exchange for crypto investors (not traders)
- It an online crypto wallet where you can buy, sell, store and exchange most popular cryptocurrencies
3. Binance – Best Platform to Buy Cryptocurrency in Lebanon
Assets available: 5.0
Binance is the biggest crypto exchange in the industry and is a great choice for experienced investors looking to trade high volume and great selections of coins. High-volume crypto traders will appreciate the high spot trading volumes, low fee structure and advanced trading tools and order types.
Binance has premium account features, including staking rewards and OTC trading. Traders earn from 1-10% for holding different assets over time. We recommend this crypto exchange for advanced UAE and Dubai crypto traders who want to trade with lower trading fees and invest in less popular altcoins. We do not recommend Binance for beginner traders.
- The best daily trading volume for both spot Crypto trading and for Crypto derivatives
- The best choice of different assets to trade
- Great choice of saving and stalking options
- Very competitive trading fees
- Very good trading platform with lots of advanced features
- Easy sign-up process
- Very good choice for mobile trading
- Great deposit and withdrawal options
- Exchange has been hacked in the past
- Considerable withdrawal fees
- Customer support is sometimes hard to
- Spot and derivative crypto trading
- P2P (Peer-to-peer) crypto trading available
- Trading platform integrated with tradingview; automated trading available
- Savings, staking, crypto loans, Binance smart pool
- Binance liquid swap
- Binance Visa Card
4. OKX – Best For Low Trading Fees
Assets available: 4.7
OKX is a Malta-based cryptocurrency exchange established in 2014 that offers users access to crypto spot, futures, and derivatives trading. Besides offering access to over 600 cryptocurrencies, OKX users can trade with NFT’s and various crypto 2.0 products including crypto perpetuals, crypto swaps, and crypto options. Users can also generate a passive income using high yield crypto savings accounts, stablecoin staking, and liquidity farming.
OKX charges competitive trading fees of 0,08% maker/taker, that can be further reduced by up to 0,02% by holding OKT tokens. This makes them one of the cheapest crypto exchanges in the industry.
OKX also has a deep liquidity (currently ranked 5 in trading volume) and a slippage score of 500 that guarantees order execution even on the smallest altcoins.
- Competitive fees (0.8% maker/taker)
- Great availability of coins (600+)
- Simple trading features for beginners
- Advanced trading features and charting tools
- Great passive income options (staking, liquidity mining)
- Access to NFTs, perpetuals, swaps and options
- Low liquidity for certain coins
- 600+ available digital assets
- Industry lowest trading fees (0.08-0.10% maker/taker fee)
- Deep liquidity levels
- Passive income options (staking, and liquidity farming, high yield crypto saving)
- Integrated NFT trading platform
- Beginner to advanced trading features
5. Crypto.com – Best For Asset Diversity
Assets available: 3.8
Crypto.com is a modern and fast adopting crypto exchange offering access to NFTs, e-wallets, own credit card, staking, investing and crypto trading. Their trading app is intuitive, easy to use and available on iOS and Android. Trading fees are competitive across all accounts. With the extra bonuses for holding specific coins they can compete with the fee structure of industry leading exchanges. Crypto.com offers access to 250 different crypto coins.
- Highest security standards
- Great offer of crypto trading instruments
- Very good trading platform
- Very good research and educational tools
- Very good mobile trading application
- Very good wallet
- Slow customer service
- Very complex fee schedule (if you do not hold Cronos tokens fees are high)
- Difficult to navigate
- Spot and margin crypto trading
- Crypto payments
- Crypto.com Visa Credit Card
- Staking, crypto loans
- Proprietary Cronos tokens
How To Pick a Crypto Exchange?
The main criteria to consider when choosing a crypto exchange include: fees, trading platform, mobile trading, deposits & withdrawals, assets, customer support, liquidity and security.
Fees: Avoid exchanges that charge high fees on trades, overnight fees and hidden fees.
Trading platforms: Look for intuitive, easy to use and fast executing trading platforms.
Mobile Trading: Mobile trading apps should offer the same trading tools and charts as their web versions.
Deposit & Withdrawal: Choose an exchange that offers your preferred deposit and withdrawal options with low or no fees.
Assets: Look for the best coverage of asset classes. Exchanges not offering the most popular alt coins should be voided.
Customer support: Beginner crypto traders should look out for responsive and professional customer support available in their language.
Liquidity: High liquidity and trading volumes guarantee that you will be able to sell your crypto assets.
Security: Prioritise regulated exchanges offering proof of funds, penetration tests and have a clean history record of hack attacks. Always check security features with the crypto exchange security rating agency (CER.live)
*Safety Risks For Lebanese Citizens
A trustworthy cryptocurrency exchange for Lebanese citizens is government-regulated and has a trading licence. Larger exchanges have a banking history.
Regulation Of Cryptocurrency Exchanges in Lebanon
The Banque du Liban (BDL) is the main regulatory body for cryptocurrency trading in Lebanon. There is currently no legal framework in place that would regulate the cryptocurrency market. Cryptocurrency exchanges can operate in Lebanon and offer their services to Lebanese people without licence.
Is Cryptocurrency trading Legal in Lebanon?
The trading, holding and investing in Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in Lebanon is legal! Lebanese citizens are allowed to open a trading account, and own cryptocurrencies, sell them or hold them in their account as investment. The commercial use of cryptocurrencies as a way of payment is prohibited. The only legal currency approved by the BDL remains the LBP.
We recommend CEX.IO as the best crypto exchange for Lebanese crypto enthusiasts, followed by Coinmama.
The results from our final verdict are based on our evaluation process where we research and analyse all aspects of crypto exchange services including fees, trading platform, mobile trading, deposits & withdrawals, assets, customer support, liquidity and security.
How can I buy and sell cryptocurrency in Lebanon?
You can buy and sell cryptocurrency in Lebanon at cryptocurrency exchanges.
Can I use Binance in Lebanon?
Yes, you can use Binance in Lebanon but you have to go through a KYC process to be able to trade cryptocurrency with them.
Can I use Kraken in Lebanon?
Yes, you can use Kraken in Lebanon and fund your account with crypto. It is not possible to fund your Kraken account with fiat money for Lebanese traders.
How To Open A Cryptocurrency Exchange Account?
Cryptocurrency exchanges have you set up an online account and submit proof of identity. This verification process includes checking your identity with a third-party application or submitting a picture of your ID.
How To Cash Out Cryptocurrency In Lebanon?
If you want to cash out crypto in Lebanon, you’ll have to use an exchange that supports withdrawals in your fiat currency. BitOAsis lets users in Lebanon, the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Bahrain, and Saudi Arabia withdraw AED to a bank account. A straightforward way to cash out crypto is with a Uquid debit card. It offers a smooth conversion process for Bitcoin. Bitcoin ATMs are another top way to exchange BTC for fiat currency. LocalBitcoins and other P2P exchanges will help you cash out crypto. Such providers let you buy/sell Bitcoin for different payment methods, including gift cards and bank transfers. Add Image
Is Cryptocurrency Trading in Compliance to the Sharia Law?
Trading cryptos is “halal” and in compliance with the sharia law if the underlaying tokes in halal.
Best AI Trading Platforms
Best Algorythmic Trading Platforms
Best Leverage Trading Platforms
Best Crypto Staking Platforms
How to buy Ethereum in UAE
Best Cryptocurrency Exchange Dubai
Best Bitcoin wallets
Best Crypto Day Trading Platform
Best Crypto signals telegram groups
Best Crypto trading bots
Best Crypto portfolio trackers
eToro is a multi-asset platform which offers both investing in stocks and cryptoassets, as well as trading CFDs.
Please note that CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 68% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work, and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
Past performance is not an indication of future results. Trading history presented is less than 5 complete years and may not suffice as basis for investment decision.
Copy trading is a portfolio management service, provided by eToro (Europe) Ltd., which is authorised and regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission.
Cryptoasset investing is unregulated in some EU countries and the UK. No consumer protection. Your capital is at risk.
eToro USA LLC does not offer CFDs and makes no representation and assumes no liability as to the accuracy or completeness of the content of this publication, which has been prepared by our partner utilizing publicly available non-entity specific information about eToro.