In this guide, we provide insights into the best crypto exchanges in the Philippines. We tested and evaluated 133 digital exchanges in 8 different categories. We focused on all aspects of their service, including fees, platform availability, mobile trading, deposits & withdrawals, portfolios, support, liquidity, and security measures.
Crypto trading platforms that received the highest scoring are considered in the following list:
Top 5 Crypto Exchanges In The Philippines
- Binance – is the best crypto exchange in the Philippines. Well-established cryptocurrency trading platform with large trading volumes and liquidity.
- Coinbase – finished up second as the best crypto trading platform. Great trading platform and low fees.
- Crypto.com – is in third place. Excellent portfolio and trading app.
- Cash App – is in forth place. Best toolset for beginners. Easy to use Bitcoin trading platform.
- Coinmama – finishes our list at fifth place. Excellent platform with an intuitive interface.
Best Crypto Exchanges In The Philippines – List
|Exchange||Overall Score||General info||Fees (Maker/Taker)||Spot Volume (BTC)|
|#1||Binance||4.3||Best overall crypto exchange||1%/1%||$2,739,612|
|#2||Coinbase||4.4||Best crypto trading platform||1.99%/1.99%||$451,706,550|
|#3||Crypto.com||4.3||Best Trading App||0.1% /0.1%||$806,899,070|
|#4||Cash App||4.7||Most Toolset For Beginners||0.16%/0.26%||$53,964,331|
|#5||Coinmama||2||Most asset classes||0.01%/0.00%||$808,571|
This section below breaks down the best crypto trading platforms in the Philippines, beginning with the best-rated Binance.
1. Binance – Best Platform to Buy Cryptocurrency in the Philippines
Assets available: 5.0
Binance takes first place as the best platform to buy cryptocurrency in the Philippines. High-volume crypto traders will appreciate the high spot trading volumes, a wide range of available coins, low fee structure, and advanced trading tools and order types.
Binance has premium account features, including staking rewards and OTC trading. Traders earn from 1-10% for holding different assets over time. We recommend this crypto exchange for advanced Philippine crypto traders who want to trade with lower trading fees and invest in less popular altcoins. We do not recommend Binance for beginner traders.
- The best daily trading volume for both spot Crypto trading and for Crypto derivatives
- The best choice of different assets to trade
- Great choice of saving and stalking options
- Very competitive trading fees
- Very good trading platform with lots of advanced features
- Easy sign-up process
- Very good choice for mobile trading
- Great deposit and withdrawal options
- Exchange has been hacked in the past
- Considerable withdrawal fees
- Customer support is sometimes hard to
- Spot and derivative crypto trading
- P2P (Peer-to-peer) crypto trading available
- Trading platform integrated with tradingview; automated trading available
- Savings, staking, crypto loans, Binance smart pool
- Binance liquid swap
- Binance Visa Card
2. Coinbase – Best Platform For Cryptocurrencies
Assets available: 3.6
Coinbase comes in second place as the best exchange for crypto beginners. Their trading platform offers access to over 100 crypto assets, fast trade execution, rewards on trading, and a beginner-friendly interface. Trading fees are above the industry average.
Coinbase Pro is available for professionals with access to a lower fee structure and advanced tools, including stop-loss orders, advanced charting, and indicators. Users will not find an option to trade futures or to trade on margin accounts.
Customer support is below the industry average.
- Strong selection of supported digital currencies
- Great trading volume
- Easy to use trading platform
- Great security standards
- Very good deposit and withdrawal options
- Great option for mobile trading
- No margin trading (Crypto derivatives)
- Customer service is sometimes hard to reach
- Fees are higher than average
- Your account can be closed depending where you send your cryptos
- Spot crypto trading
- Opportunity to earn cryptocurrencies through crypto learn
- Saving, staking, crypto borrow
- Coinbase Visa Card
- Built their own stable coin (USDC)
3. Crypto.com – Best Trading App
Assets available: 3.8
Crypto.com is a modern and fast adopting crypto exchange offering access to NFTs, e-wallets, own credit card, staking, investing, and crypto trading. Their trading app is intuitive, easy to use, and available on iOS and Android. Trading fees are competitive across all accounts. With the extra bonuses for holding specific coins, they can compete with the fee structure of industry-leading exchanges. Crypto.com offers access to 250 different crypto coins.
- Highest security standards
- Great offer of crypto trading instruments
- Very good trading platform
- Very good research and educational tools
- Very good mobile trading application
- Very good wallet
- Slow customer service
- Very complex fee schedule (if you do not hold Cronos tokens fees are high)
- Difficult to navigate
- Spot and margin crypto trading
- Crypto payments
- Crypto.com Visa Credit Card
- Staking, crypto loans
- Proprietary Cronos tokens
4. Cash App – Best Crypto Trading App
Cash App is a great pick for Philippine crypto enthusiasts who want to buy Bitcoin on an easy-to-use crypto platform. Cash App is a peer-to-peer money transfer system offering a flexible solution to withdraw funds to main crypto wallets and also buy and sell cryptocurrency at the same time.
Cash App offers access to the most traded cryptocurrency assets, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple NFTs, Shiba Inu, and most Altcoins. Their crypto trading app is interactive, easy to use, and beginner-friendly. Trading costs are average, and you can expect additional fees. Advanced trading features like different order types, limit orders, standing orders, crypto staking, margin trading, and storage options are missing.
Cash app lets users directly deposit money into their bank account and use tax filling tools.
- Easy to use, beginner freindly
- High security standards
- Simple sign-up process
- Instant payments
- Bitcoin is only crypto available
- Bitcoin trading fees are above industry average
- Not suitable for advanced Crypto traders
- This cannot be considered as an crypto exchange rather than application to buy bitcoin
- This is not an classical Crypto exchange rather an application form making payments and for investing in bitcoin and stocks
- Paying service
- Investing in stocks
- Credit card
5. Coinmama – Best Asset Classes
Coinmama is a reputable crypto exchange, great for investors looking for high-security standards, simplicity, and a great user experience. Their trading platform is simple, easy to use, and allows users to buy and sell cryptocurrencies. Experienced traders and investors will miss advanced trading features, e-wallets, and other financial products. Trading fees are above industry average compared to other exchanges.
- Well regulated and licensed
- Easy to use trading platform
- Very good choice of deposit and withdrawal methods
- Good mobile application
- High levels of security
- Very good crypto wallet
- Limited number of crypto trading instruments
- Margin trading is not available
- Higher trading fees
- Not convenient for active traders
- No phone customer support
- Lacking some advanced features (savings, staking… )
- Spot crypto exchange for crypto investors (not traders)
- It an online crypto wallet where you can buy, sell, store and exchange most popular cryptocurrencies
How To Pick a Crypto Exchange?
When searching for a crypto exchange, you need to take into account the following factors: trading fees, trading platform, mobile apps, deposits & withdrawals, portfolios, customer support, safety protocols, licenses, and liquidity.
Fees: Don’t choose exchanges that charge hidden fees, high fees on trades, and overnight fees.
Trading platforms: Consider up-to-date, intuitive, and fast executing trading platforms.
Mobile Trading: Mobile apps should offer the same tools and services as their web versions.
Deposit & Withdrawal: Choose an exchange that offers your preferred funding method with low or no costs.
Assets: It is best to choose an exchange with a versatile portfolio and access to different asset classes. Exchanges that don’t offer popular altcoins should be avoided.
Customer support: New crypto traders need to choose a provider with responsive and experienced customer support available in their language.
Liquidity: High trading volumes and liquidity ensure that you will be able to sell your digital assets.
Security: Choose digital exchanges with top-tier licenses that offer proof of funds, and have a clean history record of hack attacks. Verify their safety protocols with the crypto exchange security rating agency (CER.live)
*Safety Risks For Filipino Citizens
A trustworthy cryptocurrency exchanges for Filipino citizens are government-regulated and have trading licenses. Larger exchanges have a banking history.
Regulation Of Cryptocurrency Exchanges in the Philippines
The Philippines Central Bank (BSP) is the leading financial regulatory body in the Philippines. The BSP has developed a powerful AML framework that follows the FATF guidelines. Cryptocurrency exchanges have to comply with the BSP standards and are obliged to obtain authorization. The official authorization has exchanges follow the Know Your Customer (KYC) rules and report to the government in case of suspicious activity.
Is Cryptocurrency Trading Legal in the Philippines?
Trading cryptocurrency in the Philippines is legal. Digital assets are regulated by the Anti-Money Laundering Law and the BSP guidelines. The BSP licensing requirements include exchanges of virtual coins and fiat currency. All transactions need to comply with relevant BSP rules.
The National Internal Revenue Code (NIRC) of the Philippines underlines that any income from a digital transaction is taxable under Philippines law.
How to Start Trading With – Binance
Binance is a trustworthy exchange available worldwide. It offers advanced crypto trading platforms, an industry-leading app, and an excellent asset portfolio. Here’s how to start trading cryptocurrency with Binance.
Step 1: Go to Binance’s official website
Access the Binance official website under this link here – https://www.binance.com/en.
Step 2: Search for the “Register” button
Click on the “Register” button and choose a method to create a new account. Submit the requested information and finish setting up your Binance account.
Step 3: Verify your trading account
Binance is a secure exchange that follows strict KYC rules. All users have to verify their account with a copy of their official ID.
Step 4: Buy digital coins with Binance
You can start buying, holding, or selling fractions of a crypto-coin. To own an asset, you don’t have to buy the whole coin.
We recommend Binance as the best crypto exchange for Filipino crypto enthusiasts. They offer secure exchange services with competitive fees, advanced copy trading tools, a straightforward platform, and the availability of different crypto asset classes. Coinbase comes in second place based on its overall low costs, great support, and assets.
What Is A Centralized Cryptocurrency Exchange?
A centralized exchange is defined as a private provider with crypto services and trading platforms. These exchanges request registration and identification, known as the Know Your Customer rule. Popular centralized cryptocurrency exchanges are Binance, Coinbase, and Kraken.
What Is A Decentralized Cryptocurrency Exchange?
A decentralized exchange is a provider with no central point of control. It functions as a server and has each computer within the network spread out worldwide. When one device malfunctions, it doesn’t interfere with the activity in the network. However, decentralized exchanges aren’t obliged to comply with the rules of a regulatory body. If you choose this type of exchange, you should understand the risks associated with it.
Is Crypto Taxable In the Philippines?
If digital coins are received without any cost incurred by the taxpayer, the value of the digital assets is taxable.
Is There A Bitcoin ATM In The Philippines?
Yes, the machine is located at Sunette Tower Hotel, Makati Avenue, H27H+HM2, Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines. You can buy BTC here.
Best AI Trading Platforms
Best Algorithmic Trading Platforms
Best Leverage Trading Platforms
Best Crypto Staking Platforms
How to buy Ethereum in UAE
Best Cryptocurrency Exchange Dubai
Best Bitcoin wallets
Best Crypto Day Trading Platform
Best Crypto signals telegram groups
Best Crypto trading bots
Best Crypto portfolio trackers
eToro is a multi-asset platform which offers both investing in stocks and cryptoassets, as well as trading CFDs.
Please note that CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 68% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work, and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
Past performance is not an indication of future results. Trading history presented is less than 5 complete years and may not suffice as basis for investment decision.
Copy trading is a portfolio management service, provided by eToro (Europe) Ltd., which is authorised and regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission.
Cryptoasset investing is unregulated in some EU countries and the UK. No consumer protection. Your capital is at risk.
eToro USA LLC does not offer CFDs and makes no representation and assumes no liability as to the accuracy or completeness of the content of this publication, which has been prepared by our partner utilizing publicly available non-entity specific information about eToro.