In this guide, we share insights about the best trading platforms in Bulgaria. We tested 174 online brokers and analyzed their platforms in 8 main categories. We tested all aspects of their service, including platforms, mobile apps, trading costs, deposits & withdrawals, asset portfolio, licenses, customer support, research & education materials, and Islamic account options.
Trading platforms with the highest scoring are in the following list.
Top 6 Trading Platforms in Bulgaria
- Interactive Brokers – Best Trading Platform Overall
- Libertex – Best Trading Platform For Beginners
- ActivTrades – Best Platform Regulated By The UK FCA
- CMC Markets – Best For Outstanding Online Trading Experience
- Pepperstone – Best Trading Platform For Research & Education
- Forex.com – Best Forex Trading Platform
Best Online Trading Platforms Bulgaria
|PLATFORM||SCORE||GENERAL INFO||MINIMUM DEPOSIT|
|#1||Interactive Brokers||4.9||Best trading platform Overall||$100|
|#2||Libertex||4.6||Best Trading Platform For Beginners||$10|
|#3||ActivTrades||4.6||Best Platform Regulated By The UK FCA||$500|
|#4||CMC Markets||5||Best For Outstanding Online Trading Experience||$0|
|#5||Pepperstone||4.8||Best Trading Platform For Research & Education||$0|
|#6||Forex.com||4||Best Forex Trading Platform||$100|
Below section breaks down the best trading platforms in Bulgaria beginning with the highest rated – Interactive Brokers.
1. Interactive Brokers – Best Trading Platform In Bulgaria
Min Deposit: 0 ($2000 for margin account)
Assets available: 4.9
All trading involves risk. More than 80% of investors lose in spread bet and CFD trading. As these complex instruments allow for the use of leverage, there is a high risk of losing more money than you have deposited. Before attempting to participate in spread bets and CFDs, consider how well you understand them and if you can afford to lose your money.
Interactive Brokers is a leading broker with an excellent asset portfolio, access to different financial markets, and educational content. It offers a professional order type configuration. Interactive Brokers has an excellent reputation and offers industry-leading trading platforms. It has a transparent fee structure and graded account tiers.
Beginners choose their Global Trader platform as it is intuitive and straightforward. Active and professional traders prefer the excellent selection of advanced tools and orders available with the Trader Workstation desktop platform (TWS).
- Best market coverage in the industry (100k+ assets on different instruments)
- Access to 16,500 shares and 8,000 stocks as CFDs
- Professional trading platform suitable for different types of traders
- Intuitive and easy to use mobile trading app
- Industry leading fee structure
- Compatible features for casual and professional traders
- Responsive customer support
- Few deposit and withdrawal options
- Research and education materials missing
- Margin loan rates on stocks of 1.3%
- Access to 135+ global markets
- Advanced order types, tools and features
- Access to frictional shares
- Lowest commissions in the industry
2. Libertex – Best Trading Platform For Beginners
Libertex is a secure online broker with a CySEC license. It is an excellent choice for traders searching for access to CFDs. Libertex has an attractive market coverage with 53 forex pairs, 45 crypto assets, ten commodities, and a limited range of US stocks and ETFs. Its trading platforms are easy to use and offer both beginner and advanced tools.
This online broker has tight spreads and no hidden costs. The minimum deposit requirement is $100. Libertex has knowledgeable customer support, making it a top choice for new traders.
- Commission-free stock, forex, metals, and crypto trading
- Excellent multi-lingual customer support
- Compatible with MetaTrader 4 and 5
- No technical analysis tools offered
- Charges inactivity fees
- No Islamic swap-free accounts available
- Access to thousands of stocks and CFDs on stocks, forex, crypto, indices, metals, ETFs, and commodities
- Receive dividends into your account monthly
- Extensive education section with trading courses, webinars, and more
- Daily market update and analysis videos
- Unlimited free paper trading demo account
- State-of-the-art mobile trading app available on Android and iOS devices
3. ActivTrades –
Min Deposit: $500
Assets available: 2.8
65% of retail CFD accounts lose money
- Negative balance protection and increased insurance
- Excellent multi-lingual support in 14 languages
- Low fees from 0.5 pips on EUR/USD
- Charges inactivity fee
- Only offers CFD, forex, and crypto trading
- Compatible with MetaTrader 4 and 5
- Great research tools like SmartOrder 2 and Pivot Points Indicator
- Daily Market Analysis videos
- Free unlimited demo paper trading account
- One to One training available
4. CMC Markets – Best Platform Regulated By The UK FCA
Min Deposit: 0
Assets available: 3.2
65% of retail CFD accounts lose money
ActivTrades is a popular forex and CFD broker with a top-tier license from the UK’s Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). It offers a proprietary trading platform, ActivTrades. It is intuitive and fully customizable, offering a transparent fee structure. ActivTrades has different account tiers and free-of-charge deposits and withdrawals.
ActivTrades charges an inactivity fee, but its trading fees are below average. Its portfolio offers limited access to standard classes and instruments. We recommend it for beginner forex and CFD traders.
- Wide range of available assets
- Free demo paper trading account
- Excellent customer support
- Offers only CFD trading and spread betting
- Few education and research tools available
- High fees compared to other brokers
- Access to 9000+ shares and ETF CFDs
- 300+ tradable forex pairs
- Cryptocurrency CFD trading available
- Compatible with metaTrader 4
- Well-suited for beginner and advanced traders
- Gives spread rebates
5. Pepperstone – Best Trading Platform For Research & Education
Min Deposit: $200
Assets available: 4.8
74-89% of retail CFD accounts lose money
Pepperstone is a safe forex and CFD broker with a valuable research and education center. It offers different copy trading platforms and a versatile portfolio. Pepperstone offers a proprietary platform, cTrader, MetaTrader, and social trading services.
Pepperstone is a top choice for algorithmic trades and copy traders. It has a reliable customer support team available 24/5 on the phone. It offers a comprehensive FAQ section, online chat, and email support.
- Great for algorithmic and copy traders
- Multiple platform add-ons
- Competitive fees and commissions
- Advanced social trading features
- Excellent education and research section
- Competitive fee structure for day
- Lack of video educational resources
- Advanced order types missing
- Customer support not in Arabic
- 600 + stocks as CFDs available
- Great variety of trading platforms (MetaTrader + cTrader)
- Multiple advance trading add-ons
- Social trading features
- Competitive pricing for active traders
6. Forex.com – Best Forex Trading Platform
Min Deposit: $100
Assets available: 4.1
80% of retail CFD accounts lose money
Forex.com is a leading forex broker suitable for traders searching for a reliable forex and CFD platform. It offers a multi-asset platform with different proprietary features and advanced social trading tools. Forex.com has excellent asset coverage and offers 4500+ CFDs.
This broker has an attractive learning center, market research data, and beginner-friendly services. Its fees are excellent for high-volume traders. We recommend Forex.com for traders at all levels.
- Great market coverage
- Advanced Trading and Web Trading platforms
- Advanced charting features and performance analytics
- Award Winning Mobile trading app
- Professional customer support
- Competitive fee and commission structure
- Educational videos are missing
- MT5 available outside of US only
- Limited assets available on MT5
- 5500 tradable symbols and 4550 CFDs overall
- Award winning mobile trading app
- Advanced charting and performance analytics available
- Great combination of ease of use and personal customisation
- Publicly traded
How To Pick The Right Platform?
When picking a platform in Bulgaria, the main features to consider are costs, platforms, mobile apps, funding options, asset portfolios, safety protocols, liquidity, and customer support.
Fees: Select an online broker with a simple fee structure and avoid brokers with high trading fees, overnight commissions, and hidden fees. Spread fees and commissions are standard with Bulgaria brokerage accounts.
Trading Platforms: A platform must be intuitive and offer access to valuable tools and indicators suitable for traders at all levels. It is best to choose a platform with built-in market data and technical charting.
Mobile Trading: Mobile apps are valuable for all traders and need to offer the same tools and charts as their web versions. Select an app with social feeds and full-screen charting options.
Deposit & Withdrawal: Deposit and withdrawal have to be straightforward. Consider a broker that offers your preferred payment method and has competitive fees.
Assets: Traders in Bulgaria receive access to different asset classes. It is best to choose coverage of preferred assets like forex, stocks, ETFs, and cryptos.
Regulation: Online brokerage firms with top-tier licenses have to follow strict rules. These offer industry-leading safety protocols for all their services. We recommend you choose platforms with FCA, ASIC, and CySEC licenses.
Research & Education: Traders need access to reliable research and education tools at all levels. You should look for access to weekly webinars, market updates, personal training, and personal account manager.
Customer support: New traders need to choose a platform with responsive customer support available in their language.
*Islamic Accounts: All platforms from our list offer islamic account options. This gives users the chance to trade online in compliance to the Sharia law.
Regulation Of Trading Platforms In Bulgaria
The Bulgarian Financial Supervision Commission (BFSC) oversees online trading activities in Bulgaria and underlines the regulation of trading platforms. It manages brokers’ licenses and other financial service providers. It ensures all relevant rules and regulations are followed.
You can perform license verification of a brokerage firm’s license by accessing the official website of the BFSC. Search the documents section for the name of the broker. If the firm has its headquarters outside Bulgaria, you should check the official websites of FINRA, ASIC, BaFIN, FCA, or CySEC. Verify their database of Registered Entities. If the search doesn’t come with any results, you might be dealing with an unregulated broker or platform. We recommend you use a secure platform with top-tier licenses.
Based on our review, we consider Interactive Brokers as the best platform for Bulgarian residents. They offer a versatile platform, competitive fees, advanced tools, and responsive customer support.
Libertex is the second best platform for Bulgarian residents, because of its low fees, and versatile portfolio. ActivTrades, CMC Markets, Pepperstone, and Forex.com are finishing up our list of top platforms with a great overall offer and above-average ratings.
Are There Commission-Free Brokers In Bulgaria?
Yes, many brokers in Bulgaria offer commission-free trading platforms.
How Much Should I Start With When Trading Online In Bulgaria?
We recommend you start with a minimum deposit amount in Bulgaria. Check the broker’s fee structure before trading.
How To Verify If A Trading Platform Has A Valid License?
If you want to verify a platform’s license, you should access the Registered Entities databases on the official websites of regulatory bodies such as FCA, FINRA, CySEC, or ASIC.
eToro is a multi-asset platform which offers both investing in stocks and cryptoassets, as well as trading CFDs.
Please note that CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 68% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work, and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
Past performance is not an indication of future results. Trading history presented is less than 5 complete years and may not suffice as basis for investment decision.
Copy trading is a portfolio management service, provided by eToro (Europe) Ltd., which is authorised and regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission.
Cryptoasset investing is unregulated in some EU countries and the UK. No consumer protection. Your capital is at risk.
eToro USA LLC does not offer CFDs and makes no representation and assumes no liability as to the accuracy or completeness of the content of this publication, which has been prepared by our partner utilizing publicly available non-entity specific information about eToro.