In this article, we share details about the best trading platforms in Burundi. We have tested 174 brokers and their platforms based on 8 leading categories. We have evaluated all characteristics of their offering, including platform availability, mobile apps, trading costs, asset portfolios, deposits & withdrawals, regulation, and customer service.
The platforms with the highest scores are below.
Top 6 Trading Platforms in Burundi
- Interactive Brokers – Best Trading Platform Overall
- ActivTrades – Best Platform With No Hidden Costs
- Pepperstone – Best CFD Platform
- TradeStation -Best Zero Commission Trading Platform
- Forex.com – Best Forex Trading Platform
- Saxo Bank – Best Platform For High Volume Traders
Best Online Trading Platforms Burundi
|RANK||BROKER||GENERAL||PLATFORM SCORE||BEST FOR||WEBSITE|
|#1||Interactive Brokers||Industry leading fee structure||4.9 / 5||Best Trading Platform Overall||Official website|
|#2||ActivTrades||Excellent multi-lingual support in 14 languages||4.1 / 5||Best Platform With No Hidden Costs||Official website|
|#3||Pepperstone||Low trading fees||4.9 / 5||Best CFD Platform||Official website|
|#4||TradeStation||Very professional trading platform||4.9 / 5||Best Zero Commission Trading Platform||Official website|
|#5||Forex.com||Great market coverage||4.4 / 5||Best Forex Trading Platform||Official website|
|#6||Saxo Bank||Advanced order type and account protection features||4.9 / 5||Best Platform For High Volume Traders||Official website|
Best Online Trading Platforms Burundi
1. Interactive Brokers – Best Trading Platform Overall
Min Deposit: 0 ($2000 for margin account)
Assets available: 4.9
All trading involves risk. More than 80% of investors lose in spread bet and CFD trading. As these complex instruments allow for the use of leverage, there is a high risk of losing more money than you have deposited. Before attempting to participate in spread bets and CFDs, consider how well you understand them and if you can afford to lose your money.
Interactive Brokers is a well-established brokerage firm with a great reputation. It offers a premium trading experience with access to proprietary platforms. Its entry-level service, the Global Trader platform, is a top choice for new traders. The Trader Workstation desktop platform offers advanced services for experienced traders.
This broker uses industry-leading safety protocols and has top-tier licenses. It is a trustworthy provider of online trading services for traders at all levels.
- Best market coverage in the industry (100k+ assets on different instruments)
- Access to 16,500 shares and 8,000 stocks as CFDs
- Professional trading platform suitable for different types of traders
- Intuitive and easy to use mobile trading app
- Industry leading fee structure
- Compatible features for casual and professional traders
- Responsive customer support
- Few deposit and withdrawal options
- Research and education materials missing
- Margin loan rates on stocks of 1.3%
- Access to 135+ global markets
- Advanced order types, tools and features
- Access to frictional shares
- Lowest commissions in the industry
2. ActivTrades – Best Platform With No Hidden Costs
Min Deposit: $500
Assets available: 2.8
65% of retail CFD accounts lose money
ActivTrades is a popular online broker with an FCA license. It offers a competitive fee structure with no hidden costs. ActivTrades charges an inactivity fee and has different commissions based on the account tier you use.
This broker has a limited asset and instruments portfolio. It has a proprietary platform with an intuitive design and fully customizable features. ActivTrades is a good fit for inexperienced traders because of its limited offering.
- Negative balance protection and increased insurance
- Excellent multi-lingual support in 14 languages
- Low fees from 0.5 pips on EUR/USD
- Charges inactivity fee
- Only offers CFD, forex, and crypto trading
- Compatible with MetaTrader 4 and 5
- Great research tools like SmartOrder 2 and Pivot Points Indicator
- Daily Market Analysis videos
- Free unlimited demo paper trading account
- One to One training available
3. Pepperstone – Best CFD Platform
Min Deposit: $200
Assets available: 4.8
74-89% of retail CFD accounts lose money
Pepperstone is an Australian CFD broker, founded in 2010. Their platforms offers access to 180 + financial instruments including forex and CFDs on stocks, indices, commodities and cryptocurrencies.
Trading platforms available on Pepperstone are listed below.
- MetaTrader 4
- MetaTrader 5
The platform charges zero spreads on most forex pairs and a fixed commission of $3,50. Peppesrtone is a reputable broker regulated by top-tier financial authorities including the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), the Dubai Financial Services Authority (DFSA) and the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC).
Pepperstone’s customer support is available 24/7 in English and Arabic. They are reachable through email, live chat, and phone.
- Algorithmic trading features
- Multiple third party integrations (MT4, MT5, cTrader, Tradingview)
- Competitive fees
- Social trading features
- Excellent education and research materials
- Limited video educational resources
- Limited advanced order types
- Customer not available in Arabic
- 60+ Forex pairs and 700+ different CFDs
- MetaTrader 4, MetaTrader 5, cTrader trading platforms
- TradingView integration
- Zero spreads on a few forex pairs including EUR/USD
- Special set of tools for professional traders
- Islamic swap-free account available
4. TradeStation – Best Zero Commission Trading Platform
Min Deposit: 0
Assets available: 5.0
Tradestation is a secure brokerage firm popular for its technology-leading platforms. It offers zero commission ETF and stock trading. Tradestation has a valuable selection of trading tools and learning materials. It has many proprietary platforms, including a mobile app.
This broker offers access to a versatile portfolio with stocks, futures, and cryptocurrencies. Its trading fees vary depending on the account tier you use. Tradestation has a minimum deposit of $2000.
- Great choice of trading instruments offered
- Great mobile trading platform
- Very professional trading platform
- Research and education section could be better
- Access to over 20,000 stocks, ETFs, options, futures, mutual funds, bonds, and other financial instruments.
- Early-access to newly listed securities via TradeStation’s IPO trading platform
- Broad range of research and analysis tools for advanced traders like FuturesPlus, TSCrypto, Discover, and Insights
- Fully paid stock lending and margin trading available
- Low floating spreads, commissions, and other trading fees
- Perfect for both beginner and advanced traders
5. Forex.com – Best Forex Trading Platform
Min Deposit: $100
Assets available: 4.1
80% of retail CFD accounts lose money
Forex.com is an online broker specializing in powerful forex trading services. It offers secure platforms and services. Forex.com has many proprietary platforms, social trading features, and extensive asset coverage. It provides access to 5500 tradable symbols, including crypto coins and stocks.
This broker offers attractive learning tools and has an excellent market research feature. Forex.com offers many forex trading video tutorials, webinars, and FAQs. It has competitive trading fees for high-volume traders.
- Great market coverage
- Advanced Trading and Web Trading platforms
- Advanced charting features and performance analytics
- Award Winning Mobile trading app
- Professional customer support
- Competitive fee and commission structure
- Educational videos are missing
- MT5 available outside of US only
- Limited assets available on MT5
- 5500 tradable symbols and 4550 CFDs overall
- Award winning mobile trading app
- Advanced charting and performance analytics available
- Great combination of ease of use and personal customisation
- Publicly traded
6. Saxo Bank – Best Platform For High Volume Traders
Min Deposit: $2000
Assets available: 4.9
69% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider.
Saxo Bank is a leading premium broker with excellent trading conditions for high-volume traders. It offers professional trading platforms with many tools and learning materials. Saxo Bank provides impressive trade execution on its mobile apps. The Saxo Bank platform has an easy-to-use interface and offers competitive margin rates.
This brokerage firm has a high minimum deposit of $10,000. It offers many financial instruments and a valuable asset portfolio. The customer service at Saxo Bank is qualitative and available in English and Arabic.
- Industry leading market coverage
- Excellent Trading Features with SaxoTraderGo
- Advanced order type and account protection features
- Intuitive and easy to use mobile trading app
- Great education and research materials
- Competitive fee structure for active traders
- $10,000 minimum deposit for UAE users
- High time investment to set up
- Only for advanced traders
- 40.000 tradable symbols available (crypto derivatives, forex options and futures)
- Advanced account protection and order types
- Fast execution of trades
- $2.000 minimum deposit
- “Best in class” educational resources
- Great ease of use level combined with advanced features
How To Select The Right Platform?
The main features to focus on when selecting a trading platform in Burundi are trading costs, platforms, deposits & withdrawals, customer service, liquidity, assets, and safety.
Fees: Select a brokerage firm with transparent trading costs. We recommend you avoid brokers with hidden fees, overnight commissions, and high fees on trades.
Trading Platforms: Platforms need to be intuitive and user-friendly. Search for platforms with access to valuable tools and indicators, including technical charting and built-in market data.
Mobile Trading: Mobile trading apps contribute to an outstanding trading experience. These need to offer the same charts and tools as their web versions. Select an app with social feeds, financial news, and full-screen charting.
Deposit & Withdrawal: Deposit and withdrawals have to be intuitive and user-friendly. Select a brokerage firm with access to your preferred payment methods and transparent fees.
Assets: Consider a platform with coverage of your preferred assets. Traders in Burundi get access to all asset classes, including swaps, mutual funds, stocks, options, forex, commodities, and cryptocurrencies.
Regulation: Online brokers with top-tier licenses follow strict rules under leading regulatory bodies. These brokers offer high-security standards and safety protocols. We recommend selecting a platform with tier-one regulations and licenses from the FCA, CySEC, and ASIC.
Research & Education: Inexperienced and intermediate traders and investors should consider a platform with research and learning tools like webinars, financial news, personal training, and room access.
Customer Support: Customer support is essential to your online trading experience. Consider platforms with access to responsive support available in your language.
*Islamic Accounts: All platforms from our list offer Islamic account options. This gives users the chance to trade online in compliance with Sharia law.
Trading Platform Regulation In Burundi
The Banque de la Republique du Burundi (BRB) and the Burundi Bank For International Settlements (BIS) oversee the Burundi financial sector, including online trading. Brokers with headquarters in Burundi need to request authorization from the BIS. International brokers, platforms, and crypto exchanges don’t need to request a BIS authorization to provide trading services to citizens in Burundi.
You perform license verification of a platform’s or broker’s license by accessing the main website of the BIS. Click on ‘Supervision’ and search the documents section for the provider’s name. If the brokerage firm has its headquarters outside Burundi, you have to verify the main website of FCA, CySEC, BaFIN, FINRA, or ASIC. If their database of Registered Entities doesn’t offer any results, you might be looking at an unregulated broker or platform.
Based on our review, we consider Interactive Brokers as the best trading platform for Burundi residents. They offer a low minimum deposit, competitive fees, advanced charting tools, social trading features, and responsive customer support.
ActiveTrades is the second-best trading platform for Burundi residents, because of its low fees, advanced trading tools, copy trading features, and responsive customer support. Pepperstone, Tradestation Global, Forex.com, and Saxo Bank are finishing up our list of top platforms with a great overall offer and above-average ratings.
Are There Commission-Free Platforms In Burundi?
Yes, many commission-free platforms in Burundi have a 0% fee on trading.
How Much Should I Invest When Day Trading In Burundi?
You should start with a minimum deposit when trading in Burundi. Check the fee structure of the brokerage firm before placing a trade.
Do Traders In Burundi Receive Access To Cryptocurrencies?
Yes, traders in Burundi receive access to cryptocurrencies and many other assets. Secure platforms offer crypto trading via CFDs.
Are There Any Safety Risks For Traders In Burundi?
Trading online assets come with many risks. Trading is legal in Burundi, and we recommend using providers with top-tier licenses. Secure regulators for brokers are the ASIC, CySEC, and FCA. The platforms in this review follow strict rules and have top-tier licenses.
Which Platform Is Most Profitable?
The answer to this question depends on your experience and skills. Different trading styles require specific platform functionalities. It is best to use a platform with powerful trading and research tools.
eToro is a multi-asset platform which offers both investing in stocks and cryptoassets, as well as trading CFDs.
Please note that CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 68% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work, and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
Past performance is not an indication of future results. Trading history presented is less than 5 complete years and may not suffice as basis for investment decision.
Copy trading is a portfolio management service, provided by eToro (Europe) Ltd., which is authorised and regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission.
Cryptoasset investing is unregulated in some EU countries and the UK. No consumer protection. Your capital is at risk.
eToro USA LLC does not offer CFDs and makes no representation and assumes no liability as to the accuracy or completeness of the content of this publication, which has been prepared by our partner utilizing publicly available non-entity specific information about eToro.