In this guide, we go over the best trading platforms in Gaza. We have analysed 174 brokers and evaluated their platforms in 8 major categories. We measured all aspects of their service including trading platforms, fees, mobile trading, deposits & withdrawals, assets, regulation, research & education, customer support and islamic account options.
Trading platforms that reached the highest scoring are considered in the following list:
Top 5 Trading Platforms in Gaza
- Interactive Brokers – Best trading platform Overall
- ActiveTrades – Broker regulated by the UK FCA
- Swissquote – For traders who are looking for high quality research
- Capital.com – Best in research and education
- Tickmill – Great MetaTrader suite implementation on competitive pricing
Best Online Trading Platforms Gaza
|PLATFORM||SCORE||GENERAL INFO||MINIMUM DEPOSIT|
|#1||Interactive Brokers||4.9||Best trading platform Overall||$0|
|#2||ActiveTrades||4.4||Broker regulated by the UK FCA||$500|
|#3||Swissquote||4||For traders who are looking for high quality research||$1000|
|#4||Capital.com||4.7||Best Broker for Algorithmic Traders||$0|
|#5||Tickmill||4||Great MetaTrader suite implementation on competitive pricing||$100|
Below section breaks down the best trading platforms in Gaza, beginning with the highest rated…
1. Interactive Brokers – Best Platform Overall
Min Deposit: 0 ($2000 for margin account)
Assets available: 4.9
All trading involves risk. More than 80% of investors lose in spread bet and CFD trading. As these complex instruments allow for the use of leverage, there is a high risk of losing more money than you have deposited. Before attempting to participate in spread bets and CFDs, consider how well you understand them and if you can afford to lose your money.
Interactive Brokers is a highly trusted global broker with a well-rounded offer of tradable markets, great educational content and sophisticated order type configuration. It is a high trusted and well capitalize company with an industry leading trading platform, a competitive fee structure and great global market access. Their low entry level and the Global Trader platform, which is intuitive and easy to use trading station, make this broker s great choice for beginners and advanced forex traders.
Professional and seasoned traders will appreciate the great selection of advanced trading tools and order type configurations available on their proprietary Trader Workstation desktop platform (TWS).
- Best market coverage in the industry (100k+ assets on different instruments)
- Access to 16,500 shares and 8,000 stocks as CFDs
- Professional trading platform suitable for different types of traders
- Intuitive and easy to use mobile trading app
- Industry leading fee structure
- Compatible features for casual and professional traders
- Responsive customer support
- Few deposit and withdrawal options
- Research and education materials missing
- Margin loan rates on stocks of 1.3%
- Access to 135+ global markets
- Advanced order types, tools and features
- Access to frictional shares
- Lowest commissions in the industry
2. ActivTrades – Broker regulated by the UK FCA
Min Deposit: $500
Assets available: 2.8
65% of retail CFD accounts lose money
ActivTrades is a reputable forex and CFD broker regulated by the UK’s Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Their proprietary trading platform called ActivTrader is intuitive, fully customizable and offers a clear report on trading fees. Account opening is fast and easy, deposits and withdrawals are free of charge. Trading fees are below industry average.
ActiveTrades charges an inactivity fee. Tradable assets are limited to basic classes and instruments which will not be enough for professional traders. Research and educational materials are slim.
- Negative balance protection and increased insurance
- Excellent multi-lingual support in 14 languages
- Low fees from 0.5 pips on EUR/USD
- Charges inactivity fee
- Only offers CFD, forex, and crypto trading
- Compatible with MetaTrader 4 and 5
- Great research tools like SmartOrder 2 and Pivot Points Indicator
- Daily Market Analysis videos
- Free unlimited demo paper trading account
- One to One training available
3. Swissquote – For traders who are looking for high quality research
Min Deposit: 0
Assets available: 4.9
84.5% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider.
Swissquote is a low risk forex and CFD online broker, regulated by 4 top-tier financial regulators. It is a great choice for traders who are looking for high quality research, daily market updates, a great variety of tradable assets and account security on a Swiss bank.
Their Advance Trader proprietary trading platform suite is available as desktop, web and mobile version. Together with the MetaTrader platform suite, it delivers an excellent trading experience for traders and investors at all levels. Minimum deposit is $1000 and trading fees are above industry average. Swissquote operates a bank.
Choose Swissquote if you are looking to trade physical cryptos with a highly trusted online broker that also offers great banking services.
- Great choice of trading instruments offered
- Very good research and education
- Great For Mobile Trading
- Few deposit and withdrawal option
- Access to over 3,000,000 financial instruments
- Cash dividends paid out monthly into your account
- Trade with a FINMA-regulated and Swiss stock exchange-listed broker (SIX:SQN)
- Receive the Swissquote magazine monthly for free
- Set up your own algorithmic trading bot with Swissquote Robo-Advisory services
- Low, fixed fees capped at 0,75% of your invested amount
4. Capital.com – Best For Research and Education (Discount Broker)
Min Deposit: $20
Assets available: 4.7
79.17% of retail CFD accounts lose money
Capital.com is a top choice for traders looking for a discount broker with great educational content and resources, advanced research tools and a premium trading interface. They offer a wide range of tradable assets including CFDs on cryptos, stocks, indices, commodities and forex pairs.
Founded in 2016, Capital.com is an international fintech company which has group of entities authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”), the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (“ASIC”), the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (“CySEC”), and the Financial Services Authority of Seychelles (“FSA”). It does not operate a bank and is not publicly traded.
Choose Capital.com if you are looking for a great mobile trading experience, professional web trading interface, day trading features. Beginner traders will like the low minimum deposit ($20), industry leading commission structure, and award winning education section.
- Newsroom grade educational videos and analysis
- Award winning education and research section
- New age mobile trading app
- Real time market updates and price alerts
- Hedging and risk management tools
- MT4 and MT5 not available
- Market access is industry average
- Access to 6.000 tradable symbols and 477 cryptocurrency CFDs
- High quality research and educational content
- Patented AI trade bias system
- $20 minimum deposit
- No inactivity fees
5. Tickmill – great MetaTrader suite implementation on competitive pricing
Min Deposit: 0
Assets available: 3.0
70% of retail CFD accounts lose money
Tickmill is a reputable online broker and a great choice for investors looking for a great MetaTrader suite implementation on competitive pricing. Despite not having a proprietary platform, they offer full availability of third party solutions including the MetaTrader suite, CQG platforms for options trading and TradingView charting addons. Education, research and market coverage are industry average.
Their pricing on Classic and VIP accounts is at the level of industry leading low cost brokers. Choose Tickmill if you are a high volume trader looking to place trades on the most popular currency pairs and CFDs.
- Compatible with MetaTrader 4 and 5
- Free $30 no deposit bonus for beginner traders
- Futures and options trading via CQG trading platform
- Only offers CFD and forex trading
- No Islamic swap-free accounts available
- Trade over a thousand CFDs on stocks, crypto, commodities, over 40 forex pairs, and options and futures
- Advanced TradingView charting addons available
- Receive real-time market sentiment data directly from the Dow Jones news feed
- Free access to Tickmill VPS and Autochartist
- Low, competitive floating spreads
- Up to 1:30 leverage for retail clients and up to 1:500 for leverage for professional clients
How To Pick The Right Platform?
The main criteria to consider when choosing a trading platform in Gaza include: fees, trading platform, mobile trading, deposits & withdrawals, assets, customer support, liquidity and security.
Fees: Choose a broker with a transparent fee structure and avoid brokerage accounts with high fees on trades, overnight fees and hidden fees. Commission and spread fees are common with Gaza brokerage accounts. Spreads should vary between 0.03% to 0.5% depending on your trading volume.
Trading platforms: They should be user friendly, grant access to trading tools and indicators and suitable to traders at all levels. We recommend you opt for a platform with a technical charting interface and built-in market data. A comprehensive market news feed and access to advanced features are a must.
Mobile Trading: Mobile trading apps should offer the same trading tools and charts as their web versions. Choose mobile platforms with full-screen charting options and social feeds.
Deposit & Withdrawal: Deposit and withdrawal needs to be fast and simple. Choose an broker that offers your preferred payment method and industry leading commission and fee structures.
Assets: Look for coverage of preferred assets. Gaza traders are allowed to access all tradable asset classes including forex, stocks, indexes, options, FOPs, commodities, futures, indices, bonds, swaps, mutual funds, hedge funds, spot gold, ETFs and cryptos.
Regulation: Brokers with top-tier licenses follow strict rules enforced by a trustworthy regulators and offer high security standards. We recommend users to choose platforms with FCA, CySEC, and ASIC licenses and tier one regulations.
Research & education: Beginner and average traders and investors should choose a broker with research and education tools including: weekly webinars, daily news updates, personal account manager, personal training and room access.
Customer support: Beginner traders should look out for responsive and professional customer support available in their language.
*Islamic Accounts: All platforms from our list offer islamic account options. This gives users the chance to trade online in compliance to the Sharia law.
Online Trading In Gaza
Online trading in Gaza is done on the Palestine Exchange (PEX) or Bursat Filasteen. The Palestine Capital Market Authority (PCMA) supervises the exchange. The PEX is a member of the Federation of Euro-Asian Stock Exchanges (FEAS) where only domestic companies are listed.
Palestinian residents who want to trade or invest in stocks from offshore companies, can do that via an internationally operating broker, trading platform, or cryptocurrency exchange. This is legal to do and companies that aren’t based in Gaza don’t need to have any sort of license to offer their products and services to Palestinian residents. Note that the Palestine Capital Market Authority doesn’t offer any form of fund protection for Palestinians investing or trading abroad.
Online Trading Regulation
The Palestine Capital Market Authority (PCMA) regulates the online trading and finance industries in Gaza. All companies based in Gaza operating in the non-banking financial services sector need to apply for a license with them. Brokers, trading platforms and exchanges based elsewhere do not have to apply for a license with the PCMA and can freely market their products and services to citizens of Gaza.
The PCMA has put a ban on cryptocurrency trading in Gaza. For this reason, Gaza citizens can only buy or trade cryptocurrencies with brokers and cryptocurrency exchanges not based in Gaza. They can do so only at their own risk and the PCMA will not protect their funds in any way.
You can verify the validity of the license of any broker, trading platform, or exchange based in Gaza by going to the website of the Palestine Capital Market Authority and searching for its name in the register of licensed companies. If the name doesn’t come up, the broker, trading platform, or exchange doesn’t have a license and might be regulated by the CySec, FCA, ASIC, or other regulatory body. It can also be the case that you are dealing with an unregulated broker. We don’t recommend trading with unregulated parties.
Based on our review, we consider Interactive Brokers as the best trading platform for Gaza residents. They offer a low minimum deposit, competitive fees, advanced charting tools, social trading features and a responsive customer support.
ActiveTrades is the second best trading platform for Gaza residents, because of its low fees, advanced trading tools, copy trading features and a responsive customer support. Swissquote, Capital.com, and Tickmill are finishing up our list of top platforms with a great overall offer and above average ratings.
Are There Commission-Free Trading Platforms In Gaza?
Yes, there are trading platforms available in Gaza that offer 0% commission trading.
How Much Should I Invest When Trading Online in Gaza?
You should always invest at least the minimum deposit amount Gaza and international brokers require you to open an account. In most cases, this is about $50.
Is Crypto Trading Available In Gaza?
Yes, crypto trading is available to Gaza citizens. The leading trading platforms offer Bitcoin trading via CFDs.
How To Check If A Trading Platform Has a Valid License?
You can check if a trading platform has a valid operating license on the PCMA official website. If the broker is based outside of Gaza, you can check the official websites of CySEC, FINRA, ASIC, BaFin, or FCA instead.
eToro is a multi-asset platform which offers both investing in stocks and cryptoassets, as well as trading CFDs.
Please note that CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 68% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work, and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
Past performance is not an indication of future results. Trading history presented is less than 5 complete years and may not suffice as basis for investment decision.
Copy trading is a portfolio management service, provided by eToro (Europe) Ltd., which is authorised and regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission.
Cryptoasset investing is unregulated in some EU countries and the UK. No consumer protection. Your capital is at risk.
eToro USA LLC does not offer CFDs and makes no representation and assumes no liability as to the accuracy or completeness of the content of this publication, which has been prepared by our partner utilizing publicly available non-entity specific information about eToro.