Are you an Indian investor looking for the best trading platform in India?
Our database of 105 online brokers in 9 categories shows you the Best Trading Platform in India. The categories we use include: platforms, mobile trading apps, research & education, assets, customer support, regulation, fees, deposits & withdrawals, and Islamic account availability.
We use 214 variables and 3500 data points and show you the Best Trading Platform in India.
Best Trading Platforms in India
- Interactive Brokers is best overall platform
- Saxo Bank is best for premium traders
- AVAtrade is best for advanced traders
- Forex.com is best for forex trading
- Capital.com is top choice for traders looking for a discount broker
Best Trading Platforms in India
|RANK||BROKER||GENERAL||PLATFORM SCORE||BEST FOR||WEBSITE|
|#1||Interactive Brokers||Best overall offer||4.9 / 5||Low fees||Official website|
|#2||Saxo Bank||Best for premium traders||4.9 / 5||Different assets||Official website|
|#3||AVAtrade||Best web trading platform||4.8 / 5||Low spreads||Official website|
|#4||Forex.com||Professional customer support||4 / 5||Best Forex Trading Platform||Official website|
|#5||Capital.com||New age mobile trading app||4.7 / 5||Discount broker||Official website|
TOP 5 Trading Platforms in Overview:
01. Interactive Brokers: Best overall offer
Interactive Brokers is a highly trusted global broker with a well-rounded offer of tradable markets, great educational content and sophisticated order type configuration. It is a high trusted and well capitalize company with an industry leading trading platform, a competitive fee structure and great global market access. Their low entry level and the Global Trader platform, which is intuitive and easy to use trading station, make this broker s great choice for beginners and advanced forex traders.
Professional and seasoned traders will appreciate the great selection of advanced trading tools and order type configurations available on their proprietary Trader Workstation desktop platform (TWS).
- Best market coverage in the industry (100k+ assets on different instruments)
- Access to 16,500 shares and 8,000 stocks as CFDs
- Professional trading platform suitable for different types of traders
- Intuitive and easy to use mobile trading app
- Industry leading fee structure
- Compatible features for casual and professional traders
- Responsive customer support
- Few deposit and withdrawal options
- Research and education materials missing
- Margin loan rates on stocks of 1.3%
- Access to 135+ global markets
- Advanced order types, tools and features
- Access to frictional shares
- Lowest commissions in the industry
02. Saxo Bank: Best For Premium Trades And CFD Trading
Saxo Bank is a reputable global brand known for its complete overall offer and exclusive conditions for high volume traders and investors. Users can enjoy cutting edge trading technology paired with a premium interface and great trade execution on mobile and desktop. The Saxo Bank trading platform offers a feature rich trading experience, easy to use interface, competitive margin rates, and trading on over 40,000 financial instruments. This makes them an industry leader in trading assets coverage as an ECN broker.
If you can afford the minimum deposit of $10.000, this is the go to broker for traders and investors at all levels. They combine high-quality in-house research with top-tier third-party providers and a diverse portfolio of investment options.
Investors who are looking to trade in accordance with Sharia Law can open an islamic account. Saxo Bank also offers high quality customer service in Arabic and English language via phone, email or in person at their local office with guaranteed satisfying answers.
- Industry leading market coverage
- Excellent Trading Features with SaxoTraderGo
- Advanced order type and account protection features
- Intuitive and easy to use mobile trading app
- Great education and research materials
- Competitive fee structure for active traders
- $10,000 minimum deposit for UAE users
- High time investment to set up
- Only for advanced traders
- 40.000 tradable symbols available (crypto derivatives, forex options and futures)
- Advanced account protection and order types
- Fast execution of trades
- $2.000 minimum deposit
- “Best in class” educational resources
- Great ease of use level combined with advanced features
03. AVA Trade: Best web trading platform
AVAtrade is a well trusted global online broker for forex and CFD trading. Their multi-asset trading platform and mobile trading app enable traders to access 1365+ tradable symbols overall, including 1200+ CFD’s, major currency pairs with low forex spreads and premium options.
Beside their proprietary platform AVAtradeGo and MetaTrader, AVAtrade has great selection of copy trading solutions including ZuluTrade, DupliTrade and AVAsocial.
Account opening is fast, deposits and withdrawals are free of charge. The minimum deposit is $100.
Choose AVAtrade if you are a beginner or semi advanced forex trader, looking to trade major forex currency pairs, options or CFDs as stocks, cryptos, indices or commodities with premium services.
- Great Research and Educational tools
- Great Customer support
- Good choice of social trading options
- Comparing others relatively few trading instruments are offered; offers Forex, CFDs and Binary Options
- Access to 1250 CFDs and 44 forex options
- Excellent copy trading features
- Advanced mobile trading app (AvaOptions)
- Industry average pricing
- Perfect for casual and advanced traders
- Access to the full meta trader suite
04. Forex.com: Best Forex Trading Platform
Forex.com is a well balanced online broker, great for users looking to trade forex and CFDs on a platform with no real downsided. Their multi-asset, features-rich trading platform offers a wide range of proprietary platforms, advanced social trading features and great asset coverage. Forex.com offers trading on over 4500 different CFDs as stock, cryptos, currencies and access to 5500 tradable symbols overall.
Exceptional educational resources, great market research and ease of use make this broker a good choice for beginners. Fees are competitive if you are trading high volume. Standard account fees are above industry average.
- Great market coverage
- Advanced Trading and Web Trading platforms
- Advanced charting features and performance analytics
- Award Winning Mobile trading app
- Professional customer support
- Competitive fee and commission structure
- Educational videos are missing
- MT5 available outside of US only
- Limited assets available on MT5
- 5500 tradable symbols and 4550 CFDs overall
- Award winning mobile trading app
- Advanced charting and performance analytics available
- Great combination of ease of use and personal customisation
- Publicly traded
05. Capital.com: Top choice for traders looking for a discount broker
Capital.com is a top choice for traders looking for a discount broker with great educational content and resources, advanced research tools and a premium trading interface. They offer a wide range of tradable assets including CFDs on cryptos, stocks, indices, commodities and forex pairs.
Founded in 2016, Capital.com is an international fintech company which has group of entities authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”), the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (“ASIC”), the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (“CySEC”), and the Financial Services Authority of Seychelles (“FSA”). It does not operate a bank and is not publicly traded.
Choose Capital.com if you are looking for a great mobile trading experience, professional web trading interface, day trading features. Beginner traders will like the low minimum deposit ($20), industry leading commission structure, and award winning education section.
- Newsroom grade educational videos and analysis
- Award winning education and research section
- New age mobile trading app
- Real time market updates and price alerts
- Hedging and risk management tools
- MT4 and MT5 not available
- Market access is industry average
- Access to 6.000 tradable symbols and 477 cryptocurrency CFDs
- High quality research and educational content
- Patented AI trade bias system
- $20 minimum deposit
- No inactivity fees
How We Choose The Top International Trading Platforms For Indian Residents?
Our reviews show you the Best Trading Platform in India by using data from 105 online brokers in 9 different categories. The categories are: platforms, costs, research & education, copy trading, customer support, assets available, withdrawal & deposit, regulation, mobile apps, and Islamic account availability.
*Islamic Accounts: The Best Trading Platforms in India have Sharia compliant accounts that don’t charge interest.
Which is the best Mobile Trading App in Indian?
Our research shows Interactive Brokers, Capital.com, Saxo Bank, and AVAtrade have the best mobile trading apps in India. All the apps support iOS and Android, and brokers include breaking market news on the apps.
Consider these brokers for mobile trading in India:
- Interactive Brokers
has IMPACT for trading stocks and crypto, and IBKR for trading every other asset it offers mobile traders. IBKR is a professional mobile trading platform, but it isn’t simple to understand. Interactive Brokers offers numerous assets for mobile trading, including stocks, options, futures, commodities, and more.
supports the mobile version of MetaTrader 4 (MT4), and its own trading app. You can choose whichever app you want, and the broker includes the free Investmate education app. The apps work on both iOS and Android, and are free with a brokerage account.
- Saxo Bank
has its own mobile trading platform, SaxoTraderGO, and the mobile version of MT4. Traders will find advanced market data, charts, and limit orders with SaxoTraderGO, like the desktop version. The version of MT4 Saxo offers has less assets than SaxoTraderGO, which is a drawback.
builds AvaTradeGo for mobile trading, and also offers the mobile versions of MT4 and MT5 to its clients. AvaTradeGo has the features of the desktop version, so if you like to use AVAtrade’s platform, the mobile app is easy to use.
Online trading in India
A top-tier broker gives Indian investors access to global markets, like stocks, CFDs, commodities, bonds, ETFs, mutual funds, and more.
The Securities and Exchange Board of India regulates securities markets in India, but the top brokers available to traders in India operate offshore.
There are no restrictions on using offshore brokers in India, and all of our top broker picks accept Indian traders and investors.
You can ask the The Securities and Exchange Board of India about the registration status of a broker you like, or ask the regulator in its home country for more information about regulatory compliance.
How to Open a Brokerage Account in India
It’s easy to open a brokerage account in India, you will need a legal ID like a passport or driver’s license, bank account, and proof of address.
STEP ONE: Choose a broker, make sure you have enough money for the minimum deposit, and open a brokerage account. Make sure you open the correct account type, because you will have to do it again if you make an error.
STEP TWO: After you send your info and open the account, the broker will ask you for KYC documents, like your proof of address. After the KYC check, you can fund your account.
Learn the funding methods your broker accepts, so you don’t have any surprises at this stage. Online brokers accept wire transfers, but there are cheaper ways to send funds, like PayPal.
STEP THREE: Fund the account, choose a platform, like MT4, and start investing. The brokers we review offer demo accounts, and educational resources, so practice and learn before you spend real money.
Points to consider before you get started
Investors in India should think about a few things before trading or investing if they don’t have a lot of experience in the markets.
Here are important things to consider:
- Investment Style
Some people want to trade, and others want to invest for the long term. Before you select a broker, decide on how you will use your money in the markets. If you want to invest for the future, and you don’t want to spend a lot of time on the trading platform, select a broker that has the right tools, and fees, so you can reach your investment goals. The more planning you do now, the4 easier everything will be after you open a brokerage account.
- What Assets Work
People invest because they want to build a financial future, but the brokers we review offer tens of thousands of financial assets. The choices can be overwhelming if you don’t look at asset classes, and create an investment plan. For example, if you want to buy investments every two weeks when you get paid, and forget about them for years, look for a broker that sells ETFs, stocks, and low-cost mutual funds.
- Active Trading
Active traders need to consider their trading plan before opening an online brokerage account. Every broker has different regulations for trading, and if you want to trade US stocks, you need to have $25,000 in your account to avoid US SEC trading limits. Active traders should find a broker that offers CFDs, options and futures, and also has a low fee structure. If you plan to use trading bots, make sure the broker’s API works with the tools you use.
After comparing 105 online brokers in 9 categories, we know Interactive Brokers is the Best Trading Platform in India. It has a professional platform, knowledgeable customer support, and offers many assets. Investors can buy mutual funds, options, stocks, ETFs, futures, commodities and more with Interactive Brokers.
Is Online Trading Legal in India?
Online trading is legal in India, and investors can choose a broker that sells assets like stocks, ETFs, commodities, and forex.
Are Offshore Brokers Regulated?
Investors in India can use regulated offshore brokers, like the ones in this review. The USA, Cypress, and UK have strong financial regulations.
What is the Best Trading Platform in India?
Our research says that Interactive Brokers is the best broker for investors in India.
Is Online Trading Dangerous?
Any kind of investment has risks, and using leverage or margin trading increases the risks.
We took the time to analyze and compare the top 30 international trading platforms. So, each firm received its review based on 105 distinct variables and more than 50,000 words of research.
Keep in mind that broker involvement was optional. Each broker had the option to provide a detailed profile and offer adequate time for a yearly update meeting. This opportunity came with two possibilities: giving information over the web or live in person.
We checked all the information provided by brokers with a lot of attention to details. Our purpose was to offer you access to reliable, accurate, and well-researched data. Our validation process comes with less than a 1% error rate per year, as all the reviews we share come with a focus on quality and not quantity.
All trading involves risk. More than 80% of investors lose in spread bet and CFD trading. As these complex instruments allow for the use of leverage, there is a high risk of losing more money than you have deposited. Before attempting to participate in spread bets and CFDs, consider how well you understand them and if you can afford to lose your money.
- 1 Best Trading Platforms in India
- 2 TOP 5 Trading Platforms in Overview:
- 2.1 01. Interactive Brokers: Best overall offer
- 2.2 02. Saxo Bank: Best For Premium Trades And CFD Trading
- 2.3 03. AVA Trade: Best web trading platform
- 2.4 04. Forex.com: Best Forex Trading Platform
- 2.5 05. Capital.com: Top choice for traders looking for a discount broker
- 2.6 How We Choose The Top International Trading Platforms For Indian Residents?
- 2.7 Which is the best Mobile Trading App in Indian?
- 2.8 Online trading in India
- 2.9 How to Open a Brokerage Account in India
- 2.10 Points to consider before you get started
- 2.11 Final Verdict
- 2.12 FAQ