In this guide, we go over the best trading platforms in Singapore. We have analysed 174 brokers and evaluated their platforms in 8 major categories. We measured all aspects of their service including trading platforms, fees, mobile trading, deposits & withdrawals, assets, regulation, research & education, customer support and islamic account options.
Trading platforms that reached the highest scoring are considered in the following list:
Top 5 Trading Platforms in Singapore
- Saxo Bank – Best trading platform Overall
- OandA – Low risk CFD and forex broker
- IG – Cutting-edge mobile
- Interactive Brokers – Great Overall Pick
- Forex.com – Best Forex Trading Platform
Best Online Trading Platforms Singapore
|PLATFORM||SCORE||GENERAL INFO||MINIMUM DEPOSIT|
|#1||Saxo Bank||4.9||Best For High Volume Traders||$10.000|
|#2||OandA||4||Low risk CFD and forex broker||$0|
|#4||Interactive Brokers||4.9||Great Overall Pick||$0|
|#5||Forex.com||4||Best Forex Trading Platform||$100|
Below section breaks down the best trading platforms in Singapore beginning with the highest rated…
1. Saxo Bank – Best trading platform Overall
Min Deposit: $2000
Assets available: 4.9
69% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider.
Saxo Bank is a reputable global brand known for its complete overall offer and exclusive conditions for high volume traders and investors. Users can enjoy cutting edge trading technology paired with a premium interface and great trade execution on mobile and desktop. The Saxo Bank trading platform offers a feature rich trading experience, easy to use interface, competitive margin rates, and trading on over 40,000 financial instruments. This makes them an industry leader in trading assets coverage as an ECN broker.
If you can afford the minimum deposit of $10.000, this is the go to broker for traders and investors at all levels. They combine high-quality in-house research with top-tier third-party providers and a diverse portfolio of investment options.
Investors who are looking to trade in accordance with Sharia Law can open an islamic account. Saxo Bank also offers high quality customer service in Arabic and English language via phone, email or in person at their local office with guaranteed satisfying answers.
- Industry leading market coverage
- Excellent Trading Features with SaxoTraderGo
- Advanced order type and account protection features
- Intuitive and easy to use mobile trading app
- Great education and research materials
- Competitive fee structure for active traders
- $10,000 minimum deposit for UAE users
- High time investment to set up
- Only for advanced traders
- 40.000 tradable symbols available (crypto derivatives, forex options and futures)
- Advanced account protection and order types
- Fast execution of trades
- $2.000 minimum deposit
- “Best in class” educational resources
- Great ease of use level combined with advanced features
2. Oanda – Low risk CFD and forex broker
Min Deposit: 0
Assets available: 1.8
74-89% of retail CFD accounts lose money
OandA is a low risk CFD and forex broker with an extensive market research section, daily market updates and social trading features. Authorized by 6 tier one regulators, it is considered low risk for traders all across the globe. Their trading platform is intuitive, automate-executing and offers multiple features for algorithmic and social trading. Mobile trading is available through fxTrade on industry leading research and charting tools.
For a low cost broker, their fees and commissions are above industry average across all accounts (core and default).
- Multiple trading platforms available
- Broad range of research and analysis tools
- Easy account opening process
- Only CFD and forex trading available
- Customer support is only available during office hours
- Charges inactivity fees
- Access to over a thousand different CFDs on multiple asset classes and over 50 forex pairs
- Real-time currency conversion and access to 25 years’ historical FX data across 38,000 forex pairs
- Great corporate solutions like payment gateways and currency converters
- Competitive commissions, spreads and other trading fees
- Compatible with both MetaTrader 4 and 5
- Dedicated relationship manager, free VPS, trading fee and wire transfer discounts for professional traders
3. IG Trading – Cutting-edge mobile
Min Deposit: $5500
Assets available: 4.5
75% of retail CFD accounts lose money
IG is one of the largest and most popular regulated forex and CFD brokers globally. Traders can trade thousands of markets using IGs trading platforms like L2 Dealer and ProRealTime or connect their IG brokerage account with MetaTrader 4.
IG offers educational material, daily market update videos, and both technical and fundamental analysis case studies. If you are new to online trading, you can practice with IG’s free demo paper trading account first. For experienced traders IG offers spread rebates and access to more advanced financial instruments like digital options.
- Access to over 17,000 markets
- Cutting-edge mobile and desktop trading platforms
- Excellent customer support and broad range of educational material
- High fees on CFDs
- Few banking options
- Trade over 17,000 markets with a broker that has been in business since 1974
- Access to Turbo24s, and CFDs and options on forex, indices, crypto, stocks, and commodities
- Unlimited free demo paper trading account
- Advanced research and analysis tools like L2 Dealer and ProRealTime
- Access to APIs to set up Expert Advisors and other automated trading software
- Receive trading signals and alerts to find excellent entry and exit points
4. Interactive Brokers – Great Overall Pick
Min Deposit: 0 ($2000 for margin account)
Assets available: 4.9
All trading involves risk. More than 80% of investors lose in spread bet and CFD trading. As these complex instruments allow for the use of leverage, there is a high risk of losing more money than you have deposited. Before attempting to participate in spread bets and CFDs, consider how well you understand them and if you can afford to lose your money.
Interactive Brokers is a highly trusted global broker with a well-rounded offer of tradable markets, great educational content and sophisticated order type configuration. It is a high trusted and well capitalize company with an industry leading trading platform, a competitive fee structure and great global market access. Their low entry level and the Global Trader platform, which is intuitive and easy to use trading station, make this broker s great choice for beginners and advanced forex traders.
Professional and seasoned traders will appreciate the great selection of advanced trading tools and order type configurations available on their proprietary Trader Workstation desktop platform (TWS).
- Best market coverage in the industry (100k+ assets on different instruments)
- Access to 16,500 shares and 8,000 stocks as CFDs
- Professional trading platform suitable for different types of traders
- Intuitive and easy to use mobile trading app
- Industry leading fee structure
- Compatible features for casual and professional traders
- Responsive customer support
- Few deposit and withdrawal options
- Research and education materials missing
- Margin loan rates on stocks of 1.3%
- Access to 135+ global markets
- Advanced order types, tools and features
- Access to frictional shares
- Lowest commissions in the industry
5. Forex.com – Best Forex Trading Platform
Min Deposit: $100
Assets available: 4.1
80% of retail CFD accounts lose money
Forex.com is a well balanced online broker, great for users looking to trade forex and CFDs on a platform with no real downsided. Their multi-asset, features-rich trading platform offers a wide range of proprietary platforms, advanced social trading features and great asset coverage. Forex.com offers trading on over 4500 different CFDs as stock, cryptos, currencies and access to 5500 tradable symbols overall.
Exceptional educational resources, great market research and ease of use make this broker a good choice for beginners. Fees are competitive if you are trading high volume. Standard account fees are above industry average.
- Great market coverage
- Advanced Trading and Web Trading platforms
- Advanced charting features and performance analytics
- Award Winning Mobile trading app
- Professional customer support
- Competitive fee and commission structure
- Educational videos are missing
- MT5 available outside of US only
- Limited assets available on MT5
- 5500 tradable symbols and 4550 CFDs overall
- Award winning mobile trading app
- Advanced charting and performance analytics available
- Great combination of ease of use and personal customisation
- Publicly traded
How To Pick The Right Platform?
The main criteria to consider when choosing a trading platform in Singapore include: fees, trading platform, mobile trading, deposits & withdrawals, assets, customer support, liquidity and security.
Fees: Choose a broker with a transparent fee structure and avoid brokerage accounts with high fees on trades, overnight fees and hidden fees. Commission and spread fees are common with Singapore brokerage accounts. Spreads should vary between 0.03% to 0.5% depending on your trading volume.
Trading platforms: They should be user friendly, grant access to trading tools and indicators and suitable to traders at all levels. We recommend you opt for a platform with a technical charting interface and built-in market data. A comprehensive market news feed and access to advanced features are a must.
Mobile Trading: Mobile trading apps should offer the same trading tools and charts as their web versions. Choose mobile platforms with full-screen charting options and social feeds.
Deposit & Withdrawal: Deposit and withdrawal needs to be fast and simple. Choose an broker that offers your preferred payment method and industry leading commission and fee structures.
Assets: Look for coverage of preferred assets. Singapore traders are allowed to access all tradable asset classes including forex, stocks, indexes, options, FOPs, commodities, futures, indices, bonds, swaps, mutual funds, hedge funds, spot gold, ETFs and cryptos.
Regulation: Brokers with top-tier licenses follow strict rules enforced by a trustworthy regulators and offer high security standards. We recommend users to choose platforms with FCA, CySEC, and ASIC licenses and tier one regulations.
Research & education: Beginner and average traders and investors should choose a broker with research and education tools including: weekly webinars, daily news updates, personal account manager, personal training and room access.
Customer support: Beginner traders should look out for responsive and professional customer support available in their language.
*Islamic Accounts: All platforms from our list offer islamic account options. This gives users the chance to trade online in compliance to the Sharia law.
Online Trading In Singapore
Online trading in Singapore is available at the Singapore Exchange (SGX). It lists a total of 776 Singaporean companies. Users can trade and invest in securities, fixed income, and derivatives markets. Singaporean citizens who want to trade international stocks, ETFs, commodities, cryptocurrencies, or other financial instruments have to use an offshore broker or cryptocurrency exchange. It is legal for Singaporeans to trade and invest using offshore brokerage accounts.
Online Trading Regulation
The Singapore Exchange Regulation (SGX Regco) is the main financial regulatory body in Singapore. All companies that want to offer financial services to Singaporean citizens have to apply for a license with the SGX. Brokers based overseas without a physical presence in Singapore don’t need such a license and can freely market their products and services to Singaporean traders and investors. Cryptocurrency exchanges and other companies that do business within the cryptocurrency sector are regulated by the SGX Regco as well and have to adhere to its strict rules regarding KYC and AML.
You can verify the validity of a broker or trading platform’s license in Singapore by going to the official website of the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) and checking the list of registered entities for the name of the company you want to trade or invest with. If nothing comes up, the broker or trading platform is unlicensed.
Cryptocurrency exchanges need to have a license in place to operate in Singapore if they have a physical presence in the country. If a broker, trading platform, or cryptocurrency exchange is based abroad, you can check their license by going to the official websites of the ASIC, CySEC, BaFIN, and FCA and checking their Registered Entities listings instead.
Based on our review, we consider Saxo Bank as the best trading platform for Singapore residents. They offer a low minimum deposit, competitive fees, advanced charting tools, social trading features and a responsive customer support.
POEMS is the second best trading platform for Singapore residents, because of their low fees, advanced trading tools, copy trading features, and a responsive customer support. OnadA, IG, Interactive Brokers, andForex.com are finishing up our list of top platforms with a great overall offer and above average ratings.
Are There Commission-Free Trading Platforms In Singapore?
Yes, there are trading platforms available in Singapore that offer 0% commission trading.
How Much Should I Invest When Trading Online in Singapore?
You should always invest at least the minimum deposit amount Singapore and international brokers require you to open an account. In most cases, this is about $50.
Is Crypto Trading Available In Singapore?
Yes, crypto trading is available to Singapore citizens. The leading trading platforms offer Bitcoin trading via CFDs.
How To Check If A Trading Platform Has a Valid License?
You can check if a broker or trading platform has a valid license by checking the ‘Registered and Reporting Entities’ databases on the official websites of regulatory bodies like the CySEC, FINRA, ASIC, BaFin, or FCA. For Singapore-based brokers, you can check the official website of the Monetary Authority of Singapore instead.
eToro is a multi-asset platform which offers both investing in stocks and cryptoassets, as well as trading CFDs.
Please note that CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 68% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work, and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
Past performance is not an indication of future results. Trading history presented is less than 5 complete years and may not suffice as basis for investment decision.
Copy trading is a portfolio management service, provided by eToro (Europe) Ltd., which is authorised and regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission.
Cryptoasset investing is unregulated in some EU countries and the UK. No consumer protection. Your capital is at risk.
eToro USA LLC does not offer CFDs and makes no representation and assumes no liability as to the accuracy or completeness of the content of this publication, which has been prepared by our partner utilizing publicly available non-entity specific information about eToro.