Visa requirements for UAE citizens
India is a marvelous country that is worth visiting at least once in your life. It will captivate you with the scenery, temples, and unforgettable city tours. No matter what you are looking for, whetheris peace and quiet or excitement, India has it all. Everything from the busy markets in the city to the ashrams in the mountains will simply fascinate you and will convince you to come back.
If you are a UAE citizen and want to visit India in the near future, you should know that you need to obtain a visa. However, that is easier than you may think. India releases online visas for the citizens of more than 150 countries, and the United Arab Emirates is one of them. As long as you are a UAE citizen, you are eligible for an Indian e-visa. Getting it is a simple process, short, and there is almost no effort involved.
What do you need to apply?
Before accessing the website and filling in the application, you need to put together a series of documents. If you do that first, the application will run smoothly, and you will not waste any time. The required documents are nothing out of the ordinary, and chances are that you already have them. Here is a list of what you need:
- A valid passport – if you do not have one, make sure to get that issue resolved. Also, if you already have a passport but it is to expire soon, renew it. Keep in mind that your passport needs to keep its validity at least for the period in which you will be in India. Otherwise, your trip there will be ruined with a visit to the UAE embassy, and it will affect your traveling budget as well.
- A digital photo of yourself – it is preferable for the picture to be recent.
- A passport scan – the most important aspect of this requirement is to scan the information page of your passport. You will need it later when you complete the application.
- Means of payment – the payment for the visa will be made before submitting the application. You can use a credit or a debit card, but if you have a Paypal account, you can use that as well. Paypal has become a popular means of payment in the online world, which is why iVisa puts it at your disposal.
- Business card and invitation letter – this requirement is only applicable if you wish to obtain an Indian business visa. If that is the case, just make a copy of your business card. The invitation letter is not a must if you do not have one, but if you do, scan that as well.
- Medical letter from the hospital in India – iVisa releases medical visas as well. If you leave the UAE for medical treatment in India, that is what you need. Just scan the medical letter and put it together with the other scans.
Once you have gathered all the documents mentioned above, you can move on to the application. It is not difficult to complete, the information you are asked is pretty basic, and if need any help filling it in, iVisa has a 24/7 assistance service that is ready to answer any of your questions andhelp you every step of the way.
The application is split into two easy steps. The first phase consists of general information about yourself, like name, date of birth, passport number, address, and so on. It should take you about five minutes to be done with it. The second step will take a little bit longer, but it is just as easy to complete as the first one. You are required to answer a set of personal questions and upload the documents above. Combined, the two steps should not take you more than 20 minutes to complete.
Somewhere along the way, you will be required to select the processing time and make the payment. All payments made to iVisa are 100% secure, and there are no hidden fees.
Cost and processing time
In the first step of the application, after filling in your general information, you are also required to choose a processing time. There are three available options, and you and you can choose the one that suits your situation best.
- Standard Processing Time –this means that after you submit your application, it will take three business days for your visa to arrive via email. It is the cheapest option and the most commonly used at the same time. It costs 87$, including the service fee.
- Rush Processing Time – if you need to be on the plane the next day, the Rush Processing time is what you need. Your visa application will be reviewed as fast as possible, and you will receive the document in one business day. However, it will cost you more than the standard processing. The bill will be of 117$.
- Super Rush Processing Time – only people who have an emergency select this option. That is because the Indian e-visa will be in your inbox in as little as 18 hours. As you may expect, this option is more expensive as well. It costs 152$
The prices above do not apply for business and medical visas. The fees for them are 97$, 127$, and 162$ respectively, according to the time frame you choose.
You have to admit that applying for an online visa is much more convenient than going to the embassy yourself and wasting precious time. The document you receive comes from the Indian Government, so you do not have to worry about its legitimacy. The visa expires in 60 days from the time of arrival, and you are allowed a double entry if you have a tourist or business visa. A medical visa will provide a triple entry.
Keep in mind that the Indian e-visa will allow you to enter the country only if you arrive on one of the 24 listed airports and three seaports. If you travel by car or arrive at another airport or port, you need to apply for a visa at the Indian consulate in your country.