This side-by-side comparison helps users who need assistance choosing between AvaTrade and FXCM to find the right online broker for their trading and investment needs. It studies the common features of the two brokers shoulder to shoulder to help users compare their service and make an informed decision.
To help users choose between AvaTrade and FXCM to find the best-suited platform, below is a list of broker’s pros and cons, followed by a comparison of their main trading features, including trading platforms & tools, fees, mobile trading, deposit & withdrawal, assets, regulation, and customer support.
AvaTrade vs. FXCM: Summary
AVATrade is a well trusted global online broker for forex and CFD trading. Their multi-asset trading platform and mobile trading app enable traders to access 1365+ tradable symbols overall, including 1200+ CFD’s, major currency pairs with low forex spreads and premium options.
Their vast range of trading platforms (MT4, MT5, Options app, Web, Mobile, and Mac version) are suitable for intermediate to advanced traders looking for various trading strategies like social and copy, automated and algorithmic trading, scalping, and Expert Advisors.
AvaTrade fees are comparable to other similar CFD brokers like Plus500 and Pepperstone. They charge fixed forex spreads from 0.9 pips (EUR/USD) and 0% commission on stocks and crypto CFDs. They additionally charge overnight, currency conversion, and inactivity fees, which makes their overall costs industry average.
AvaTrade’s customer service is available by email, live chat, phone, and WhatsApp in English and Arabic.
FXCM is a UK-based forex and CFD broker founded in 1999. They offer access to over 400 tradable instruments including 300 CFDs, 41 forex pairs and a handful of shares, indices, commodities, and cryptocurrencies. FXCM is regulated by four tier-one regulators including the FCA, the ASIC, the CySEC, and the FSCA.
FXCM offers a wide range of trading platforms including Trading Station (proprietary trading platform), MT4 and TradingView. Users also have access to various copy trading apps (NinjaTrader, ZuluTrade, and/or Capitalise AI), analysis reports by TradingCentral and 55 charting indicators.
FXCM charges a spread of 1.4pips (EUR/USD) without any commission on their standard account, which is above industry average. The broker doesn’t charge any deposit fees, but charges a $40 withdrawal fee and a $50 a year inactivity fee after 12 months of no login activity.
FXCM’s customer service is available 24/7 by email, phone, and live chat in English, Arabic, and several other languages.
- Low minimum deposit ($100)
- Fixed forex spreads from 0.9 pips
- Wide range of platforms and third party integrations (MT4, MT5, TradingView)
- Support for various trading styles (algorithmic, automated, copy trading)
- Intuitive mobile app
- Comparing others relatively few trading instruments are offered; offers Forex, CFDs and Binary Options
- Low minimum deposit ($50)
- Average forex spread and 0% commission
- Various trading tools for algorithmic and copy trading (MT4, ZuluTrade, Trading View)
- Detailed Trade execution reports (execution quality and slippage)
- Feature rich mobile apps (MT4, Trading Station)
- Low amount of trading instruments
- Relatively high trading and other fees
- Access to 1250 CFDs and 44 forex options
- Excellent copy trading features
- Advanced mobile trading app (AvaOptions)
- Industry average pricing
- Perfect for casual and advanced traders
- Access to the full meta trader suite
- Over 400 CFDs across various markets
- Wide range of platforms (Trading Station, MT4, NinjaTrader, ZuluTrade, Capitalise AI)
- Multiple order types availability
- TradingView integration
- Support for advanced, algorithmic, and copy trading
AvaTrade vs. FXCM Comparison
Trading Platform & Tools
|MetaTrader 4 (MT4)|
|MetaTrader 5 (MT5)|
|Mutual Fund Management|
|Inactivity Fee||$50 after every 3 months and $100 after every 12 months||$50 per year after 12 months|
|Cost Per Trade||0||0|
|Cost Per Month||0||0|
|Forex (EUR/USD)||0.9||0.2 pips|
|Stocks & ETF||0||0|
|CFD (Gold)||3.4||0.5 pips|
Deposit & Withdrawal
|Minimum deposit (in UAE)||$100||$300|
|Islamic Account Transfer|
|ETF & Funds||0||0|
|CFD Indices & Funds||91||15|
|Tier 1 License|
|Tier 2 License|
|Tier 3 License|
Research & Education
|Daily News Updates|
|Market Indepth Analysis|
|Pers. Training & Room|
|Personal Account Manager|
AvaTrade vs. FXCM Comparison Conclusion
The results of our comparison of AvaTrade vs. FXCM are summarized in the table below.
|AvaTrade||Forex, CFDs and Options|
|FXCM||Forex and CFDs; Algorithmic trading|
Finding the ideal choice between AvaTrade and FXCM can be a tough decision. Both online brokers have similarities but differ regarding trading fees, platform selection, products, licenses, and trading features. Finding the best broker depends on users’ trading & investment goals, personal preferences, and experience level.