Do you want to start with online trading and you are searching for the best trading platforms in UAE for beginners? Our Business24-7 analysts uses a database of 105 online brokers and compared their brokerage services across 10 categories to filter the best offer for beginners. The categories they used are: assets, social trading, fees, mobile trading apps, platforms, regulation, deposits & withdrawals, Islamic account availability with a special attention on research & education, customer support and trading platform features like copy trading. Social trading plays a bigger role, and educational resources make up a larger percentage of the weighting.
After collecting 3500 data points on 214 variables, we consider the following as the best trading platforms in UAE for beginners:
Best Trading Platforms in UAE For Beginners – List
- eToro – Best overall and best for social trading
- IG trading – Best For Stock and ETFs
- Capital.com – Best for Research and Education
- AVAtrade – Best For Forex and CFD
- Sarwa – Best Full Service Broker
|RANK||BROKER||GENERAL||PLATFORM SCORE||BEST FOR||WEBSITE|
|#1||eToro||Easy to use and easy to navigate||4.9 / 5||Best overall and best for social trading||Official website|
|#2||IG||Very good on research and education||5 / 5||Best For Stock and ETFs||Official website|
|#3||Capital.com||Very good customer support||4.7 / 5||Best for Research and Education||Official website|
|#4||AVAtrade||Choice of different trading platforms||4.8 / 5||Best For Forex and CFD||Official website|
|#5||Sarwa||Very competitive trading fees||4.7 / 5||Best Full Service Broker||Official website|
Our Top Choices in Overview:
eToro is a reputable global brand and industry leading broker for copy trading. Their robust and cutting edge copy trading platform and social trading features allow users to copy trades and portfolios from professional traders and investors.
As a CFD multi asset broker, eToro allows users to trade on over 3075 different symbols including stocks, forex, cryptos, indices and commodities. Trading spreads are wide, deposits are free and account minimum is low. There are conversion and inactivity fees. eToro provides a comprehensive list of technical tools, charts, and newsfeeds. Their customer support is available through email and live chat in Arabic and English.
eToro is a well established market maker broker with a clean history record, regulated by top tier regulators.
- Access to over 4000+ tradable symbols
- Great overall market coverage
- Easy to use mobile trading app and platforms
- Industry leading social/copy trading app
- Great cryptocurrency trading features
- Responsive customer support
- Algorithmic trading not available
- Forex and CFD fees above industry average
- Education and research tools missing
- Sophisticated social-copy trading features
- Multiple different payment options
- Crypto exchange and brokerage services on the same dashboard
- Super fast registration and KYC on-boarding process
- Zero commission stock trading
- Great ease of use level
02. IG trading: Best For Stock and ETFs
IG is one of the largest and most popular regulated forex and CFD brokers globally. Traders can trade thousands of markets using IGs trading platforms like L2 Dealer and ProRealTime or connect their IG brokerage account with MetaTrader 4.
IG offers educational material, daily market update videos, and both technical and fundamental analysis case studies. If you are new to online trading, you can practice with IG’s free demo paper trading account first. For experienced traders IG offers spread rebates and access to more advanced financial instruments like digital options.
- Access to over 17,000 markets
- Cutting-edge mobile and desktop trading platforms
- Excellent customer support and broad range of educational material
- High fees on CFDs
- Few banking options
- Trade over 17,000 markets with a broker that has been in business since 1974
- Access to Turbo24s, and CFDs and options on forex, indices, crypto, stocks, and commodities
- Unlimited free demo paper trading account
- Advanced research and analysis tools like L2 Dealer and ProRealTime
- Access to APIs to set up Expert Advisors and other automated trading software
- Receive trading signals and alerts to find excellent entry and exit points
03. Capital.com: Best for Research and Education
Capital.com is a top choice for traders looking for a discount broker with great educational content and resources, advanced research tools and a premium trading interface. They offer a wide range of tradable assets including CFDs on cryptos, stocks, indices, commodities and forex pairs.
Founded in 2016, Capital.com is an international fintech company which has group of entities authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”), the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (“ASIC”), the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (“CySEC”), and the Financial Services Authority of Seychelles (“FSA”). It does not operate a bank and is not publicly traded.
Choose Capital.com if you are looking for a great mobile trading experience, professional web trading interface, day trading features. Beginner traders will like the low minimum deposit ($20), industry leading commission structure, and award winning education section.
- Newsroom grade educational videos and analysis
- Award winning education and research section
- New age mobile trading app
- Real time market updates and price alerts
- Hedging and risk management tools
- MT4 and MT5 not available
- Market access is industry average
- Access to 6.000 tradable symbols and 477 cryptocurrency CFDs
- High quality research and educational content
- Patented AI trade bias system
- $20 minimum deposit
- No inactivity fees
04. AVA Trade: Best For Forex and CFD
AVAtrade is a well trusted global online broker for forex and CFD trading. Their multi-asset trading platform and mobile trading app enable traders to access 1365+ tradable symbols overall, including 1200+ CFD’s, major currency pairs with low forex spreads and premium options.
Beside their proprietary platform AVAtradeGo and MetaTrader, AVAtrade has great selection of copy trading solutions including ZuluTrade, DupliTrade and AVAsocial.
Account opening is fast, deposits and withdrawals are free of charge. The minimum deposit is $100.
Choose AVAtrade if you are a beginner or semi advanced forex trader, looking to trade major forex currency pairs, options or CFDs as stocks, cryptos, indices or commodities with premium services
- Great Research and Educational tools
- Great Customer support
- Good choice of social trading options
- Comparing others relatively few trading instruments are offered; offers Forex, CFDs and Binary Options
- Access to 1250 CFDs and 44 forex options
- Excellent copy trading features
- Advanced mobile trading app (AvaOptions)
- Industry average pricing
- Perfect for casual and advanced traders
- Access to the full meta trader suite
05. Sarwa: Best Full Service Broker
Sarwa, founded in 2017, is the most popular DFSA and FSRA-regulated Robo-Advisor for both beginner and professional Dubai-based investors. It features an automated trading platform that offers investors the opportunity to invest in multiple mutual funds and ETFs or trade the markets themselves according to their risk appetite.
Sarwa has low trading fees, offers personalized investment options, and is backed by robust technology, making investing and portfolio management easy and accessible to its users.
- Suitable for both beginner and professional traders
- Option to visit their offices in Dubai or Abu Dhabi and receive direct investment advice
- Competitive trading fees
- Few banking options
- Invest in or trade over 2,000 US stocks, ETFs, and cryptocurrencies
- 5 differently diversified portfolios available to invest in
- Physical offices in Dubai and Abu Dhabi
- Well-suited for both beginner and advanced traders and investors
- Multiple order types available
- Access to historical and real-time price data
- Transfer money without paying any fees from local UAE bank accounts
How to Pick a Beginner-Friendly Trading Platform in UAE?
To select the best trading platforms for beginners in UAE our team of analysts compared 105 different online brokers across 10 different categories. With special attention on research & education, customer support and trading features for beginners like copy trading, our team considered the following criteria: assets available, platforms, costs, withdrawal & deposit, regulation, mobile apps and islamic accounts. Below we break down what exactly was considered in more detail:
- Assets: New traders need assets that have low volatility, and trade over any time frame. Look for a broker that offers: Stocks, mutual funds, bonds, and ETFs. Assets like commodities, futures, forex, indices, and cryptos are dangerous for beginners.
- Research & education: Beginners should choose a broker that offers trading education, as well as market data. A breaking news feed is good, so new traders can see what moves the markets.
- Customer support: Anyone who is new to trading should work with a broker offering 24/7 support and convenient contact options. Make sure that the broker you choose knows your language.
- Social/copy trading: There are brokers that have great social and copy trading platforms. It is better for new traders to take advantage of existing resources, and copy trading is a great way to watch experienced traders operate.
- Mobile Trading: Brokers have mobile trading platforms that work with iOS and Android. Be sure to look for a broker that also offers mobile educational resources, so you can learn on the go.
- Fees: Complex fee structures are a hassle for beginners, and there are brokers that have 0% fees. Choose a broker that allows you to focus on the trades, not the fees.
- Trading platforms: Trading platforms for new traders need to be simple to understand and operate. Getting the basics down means a simple interface that is easy to use.
- Deposit & Withdrawal: Don’t pay your broker to send and receive money, deposits and withdrawals should be free. Also ensure that the broker you use has payment options you like.
- Regulation: Brokers regulated by the FCA, CySEC, and ASIC are safe and reliable. Don’t bother with unregulated brokers, no matter what they promise you.
- *Islamic Accounts: There are brokers for beginners in the UAE who follow Sharia law. We ensure that the brokers we review are compliant.
The below table breaks down how all of the brokers from our list performed in each of the tested categories:
|Broker||Trading instruments||Customer support||Trading conditions||Research and education||Overall for Beginners|
What Should Beginners Look out for When Choosing a Broker in UAE?
New investors need to start by defining their goals and looking for a broker that works for their investing needs. For example, an investor that wants to hold stocks for the long term would need a different kind of broker compared to a new trader that wants to learn how to day trade.
In addition, beginners should look for educational resources and copy trading platforms. There is a lot to learn about investing, and if it is possible to get that education for free, all the better.
It is very important to understand fees because the amount an investor pays to buy, sell, and hold positions has an impact on profits. It is possible to gain exposure to US stocks with CFDs, but the cost to hold that position will be more than if an investor buys the same exposure via a broker that offers US stocks to investors in the UAE.
After analysing and comparing 105 online brokers available to users from the Middle east across 9 major categories, we consider eToro as the best trading platform for beginners in UAE. They offer high “ease of use” level, seamless and simple on-boarding, great customer support in Arabic and industry leading social trading features. This broker scored high in each of those areas, making it a great fit for novice traders who want to step into the markets confidently.
How much money do I need to start investing?
Every broker has a different minimum deposit, and there are brokers who allow account opening with $0.
Can I lose money in the markets?
It is possible to lose money investing, and stocks are volatile. It is a good idea to own a range of assets, so a single weak asset doesn’t ruin your investment portfolio.
Are stocks safe?
Buying single stocks isn’t a safe way to invest, and looking at diversified investments like ETFs is a much safer way to start investing.
What is the best kind of broker?
Your financial goals will determine the best kind of broker for your needs, so take time to make an investment plan before you choose a broker.
The mission of Business24-7 is to provide comprehensive, unbiased ratings and reviews of online providers. User experience, the mobile experience, customer service, costs and fees, security, the quality of trade executions, the products available on their platforms are all part of our six-month evaluation of a providers’s platform. The rating scale was based on thousands of data points that have been weighted into the scoring system.
Providers were also required to fill out a multi-point survey regarding every aspect of their platform. In-person demonstrations and evaluations were provided by the majority of the online providers we reviewed.
Stefan Grasic, along with our team of industry experts, conducted our reviews and developed this methodology for ranking what form is used in online investing.
Business24-7 maintains high editorial standards and provides the best advice and recommendations. The products and companies that we review may compensate us when you click on the links on this website. Click below to find out more about our review process and methodology.
All trading involves risk. More than 80% of investors lose in spread bet and CFD trading. As these complex instruments allow for the use of leverage, there is a high risk of losing more money than you have deposited. Before attempting to participate in spread bets and CFDs, consider how well you understand them and if you can afford to lose your money.
- 1 Best Trading Platforms in UAE For Beginners – List
- 1.1 Our Top Choices in Overview:
- 1.2 How to Pick a Beginner-Friendly Trading Platform in UAE?
- 1.3 What Should Beginners Look out for When Choosing a Broker in UAE?
- 2 Final Verdict