Are you just starting out and you’re looking for the best trading platforms in UAE for beginners? There are numerous brokers available on the UAE market and its often hard to separate the “wheat from the chaff” when you are getting started.
When you are new to trading, it is important to choose a platform based on beginner friendly buy/sell options, low minimum deposit, great customer support and extensive educational materials.
For this guide we have analysed and compared the top 5 trading platforms in UAE for beginners across 8 major categories. We have listed their pros, cons and key features to help you get the full picture and make the right decision.
Top 5 Trading Platforms Beginners in UAE
- eToro – Best Trading Platform and App in UAE for Beginners
- Sarwa – Best Full Service Stock Broker in UAE
- Capital.com – Best For Research and Education
- AVAtrade – Best Trading Platform For Beginner Forex and CFD Traders
- IG trading – Best Trading Platform for Beginner Stock and ETF Traders
|RANK||BROKER||GENERAL||PLATFORM SCORE||BEST FOR||WEBSITE|
|#1||eToro||Easy to use and easy to navigate||4.9 / 5||Best Trading Platform and App in UAE for Beginners||Official website|
|#2||Sarwa||Very competitive trading fees||4.7 / 5||Best Full Service Stock Broker in UAE||Official website|
|#3||Capital.com||Very good customer support||4.7 / 5||Best For Research and Education||Official website|
|#4||AVAtrade||Choice of different trading platforms||4.8 / 5||Best Trading Platform For Beginner Forex and CFD Traders||Official website|
|#5||IG||Very good on research and education||5 / 5||Best Trading Platform for Beginner Stock and ETF Traders||Official website|
Our Top 5 Choices in Overview:
01. eToro: Best Trading Platform and App in UAE for Beginners
With an easy-to-use trading platform, great educational materials and social/copy trading features, eToro is an interesting choice to be considered by beginners and casual traders.
Beginners can choose from over 5,000 financial instruments including:
- 2800 Shares & 2800 Stocks as CFDs
- 264 Funds and ETFs
- 32 Cryptocurrencies
- 49 Forex pairs
- 54 Commodities & 250 Indices
Most of them are available as “real assets” and also as CFDs.
Trading-wise eToro only offers a web and mobile platform (Web Trader and Mobile Trader). Both are smooth, easy to use, and of course extended with copy trading abilities – it’s the feature that allows beginners to follow professional traders and copy their exact trades. Trading features are simple and include one-click trading, price alerts, and excellent charting.
eToro supports beginners with great research tools such as Tip Ranks, The Bull Club, and eToro Plus, which provide insights from leading analysts and financial institutions, a broad range of technical indicators and dynamic charting features.
Users can choose between 4 different account types, which include a beginner (retail) account with a low minimum deposit ($50), 1:5 leverage on CFDs, and access to all tradable assets. Keep in mind that as a beginner you can also make use of the free demo account and the $100,000 virtual money to test your trading strategies before investing real money.
eToro also offers great customer support around the clock in Arabic and English.
- Easy to use trading platform
- Broad range of educational material and research tools
- Excellent social trading services for all kinds of traders
- Some research tools are only available to VIP members
- Platform lacks features for professional traders such as advanced order types and MetaTrader 4 and 5 compatibility
- Relatively high fees on crypto trades (1%) compared to other brokers
- Great Social Trading platform for beginner and advanced traders
- Over 5,000 tradable assets
- More than 10 different payment methods to fund your account
- Super-fast registration and KYC process
- Commission-free stock trading
- Beginner-friendly trading platform and app
02. Sarwa: Best Full Service Stock Broker in UAE
Sarwa is a full-service broker based in Dubai, that allows users to trade and invest in 4,000+ different US stocks, ETFs, mutual funds, indices, and cryptocurrencies.
With combining automated investing, self-directed trading, and financial advisory services from the same dashboard, Sarwa makes it easy for beginners to enter the market. Those can either let professionals trade on their behalf or trade on their own with support from a financial advisor.
With commission-free stock trading, 0,50% – 0,85% advisory fees on investment services, and 0,75% spreads on cryptocurrency transactions, Sarwa’s fees are low. Users are also allowed to make deposits in AED without paying any extra transaction or conversion fees.
Sarwa’s trading platform is intuitive and easy to use, featuring basic buy/sell options, watch lists and search features which is great for beginners. Those can also make use of five pre-made portfolios: Conventional, Halal, Socially Responsible, Conventional Crypto, or Socially Responsible Crypto without having to do any research.
The Sarwa customer service is available 24/7 in English and Arabic by email, live chat, and phone. Users can also visit one of Sarwa’s physical offices in the UAE and speak with their financial advisors directly.
Sarwa is regulated by two top-tier financial regulators from the UAE including the Dubai Financial Services Authority (DFSA) and the Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Abu Dhabi (FSRA), which makes it a safe broker to trade with.
- No minimum deposit requirement to open account
- Access to financial advisors and long-term investment services
- Beginner-friendly trading and investing platform
- No demo account available
- You cannot choose your own long-term investments
- Even crypto portfolios have only 5% exposure to crypto
- Trade or invest in over 4,000 US stocks, ETFs, and cryptocurrencies
- 5 Differently diversified portfolios available to invest in
- Physical offices in Dubai and Abu Dhabi
- Well-suited for both beginners and advanced traders and investors
- Multiple order types available (Limit, Market, and Stop Limit)
- Access to historical and real-time price data
- Commission-free stock trading and no transaction fees for depositing AED from UAE bank accounts
03. Capital.com: Best For Research and Education
With access to 6,400 different CFDs, great educational resources, negative balance protection and a low minimum deposit ($20), Capital.com is among the top choices for beginners.
When it comes to trading, users can choose between a web platform (Web Trader) and 3 different mobile apps (Trading App, Investmate app and MT4). Both platforms are compatible with Tradingview and MT4 and provide everything you need to successfully trade the financial markets (real-time price quotes, dynamic charts, order book information, and basic risk management tools). The platform also allows access to social/ copy trading and a patented AI trade bias system that shows current sentiment on financial instruments.
The Capital.com platforms offer access to a wide range of markets including:
- 1,000 real stocks and 3600 stocks as CFDs
- 138 forex CFDs
- 29 crypto CFDs
- 33 commodity CFDs
- 130 Indices as CFDs
With commission frees stock trading, and spreads on CFDs ranging from 0,6 pips to 2,2 pips, Capital.com fees are just above industry aberage.
Capital.com customer service is available 24/7 in English, Arabic by email, live chat, phone, WhatsApp, Telegram, and Facebook Messenger.
- Many educational material and research tools available
- Low minimum deposit required to open account ($20)
- Beginner-friendly desktop and mobile trading platforms
- No Islamic swap-free accounts available
- Rather basic trading platform compared to other brokers
- Only offers CFD trading
- Over 6,400 tradable instruments, including stocks, cryptocurrencies, and forex pairs
- High-quality educational material and research tools
- Patented AI trade bias system to help find opportunities
- Low minimum deposit required to start trading ($20)
- Low spreads and no inactivity fees
- 75+ technical indicators, multiple trading chart types, and an extensive drawing tool kit
04. AVA Trade: Best Trading Platform For Beginner Forex and CFD Traders
AvaTrade is a DFSA-regulated forex and CFD broker that provides users access to over 1,250 CFDs and 44 forex pairs. Users can start trading with as low as $100 or practice with a free $100,000 funded demo trading account. The maximum leverage ratio at AvaTrade is 30:1 and they also offer negative balance protection through AVAprotect.
AvaTrade users have access to 8 different trading platforms and beginner friendly add-ons including DupliTrade and ZuluTrade. Those allow beginners to copy trades from advanced traders instead of investing on their own. They also feature beginner friendly buy/sell options and technical analysis tools such as indicators, drawing tools, and an economic calendar.
Beginners have access to an extensive selection of educational resources which include guides, Ebooks and video tutorials on CFD and forex trading.
With no commissions charged on CFDs and an average spread during peak trading hours of only 0,22, AvaTrade is one of the cheapest brokers to trade with.
AvaTrade’s customer service is available 24/7 in English, Arabic via email, live chat, WhatsApp, and by phone. The UAE customer support number is 97-145-285-110.
- Beginner-friendly trading platform
- Up to 30:1 leverage, low spreads, no commissions, and instant order execution
- Broad range of educational material and research tools
- Not all educational material is aimed at beginners
- Only offers CFD trading
- Charges inactivity fees of $50 after 3 months of inactivity and $100 administration fee after 1 year of inactivity
- Over 1250 CFDs and 44 forex pairs available
- Beginner-friendly social trading platform
- Intuitively designed mobile trading app
- Low trading fees
- Well-suited for beginner traders
- Compatible with MetaTrader 4 and 5 and other external trading software
05. IG trading: Best Trading Platform for Beginner Stock and ETF Traders
With access to over 17,000 stocks and ETFs across 25 different global markets, IG is one of the largest stock and ETF brokers in the industry. They also offer access to CFDs, options, forex, indices, crypto, and commodities.
IG users can choose between multiple trading platforms available for both beginner and advanced traders:
- IG WebTrader
- IG Android and iOS Apps
- L2 Dealer Desktop
All of the platforms have a beginner friendly interface and are compatible with MetaTrader 4 and other external trading platforms and Expert Advisors through APIs. Users can easily place orders and manage their risk using stop-loss and take-profit orders. It is also possible to set up price alerts so you get notified whenever an asset reaches a certain price.
You can open an IG live trading account from $250 or practice with the freely available $20,000-funded demo account first. The broker accepts bank wire transfers, credit/debit card, and e-wallet deposits and doesn’t charge any transaction fees.
IG provides all of its users with a wide range of educational material such as daily market update videos, trading tutorial guides, and technical and fundamental analysis case studies. Personalized support and broker-assisted trades are available to premium users.
IG’s share dealing services are commission-free.
The English and Arabic-speaking IG customer service is available from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm, Monday to Friday in Dubai time by email ([email protected]), live chat, and phone (+971-455-921-08).
- Great research tools, in-depth market analysis, and trade ideas for beginner traders
- Intuitive and easy to use desktop trading platform and mobile trading apps
- Broad range of educational material freely available to all users
- Live chat is not always available
- No Islamic swap-free account available
- High fees on stock CFDs compared to other brokers
- Over 17,000 available stocks, ETFs, and other financial instruments
- Well-established, globally operating broker since 1974
- Regulated by multiple tier 1 regulatory bodies, including the DFSA
- Unlimited free demo paper trading account
- Trading signals and price alerts to find favorable trading opportunities
How to Pick a Beginner-Friendly Trading Platform in UAE?
To select the best trading platforms for beginners in UAE our team of analysts compared 105 different online brokers across 10 different categories. With special attention on research & education, customer support and trading features for beginners like copy trading, our team considered the following criteria: assets available, platforms, costs, withdrawal & deposit, regulation, mobile apps and islamic accounts. Below we break down what exactly was considered in more detail:
The below table breaks down how all of the brokers from our list performed in each of the tested categories:
|Broker||Trading instruments||Customer support||Trading conditions||Research and Education||Overall for Beginners|
What Should Beginners Look out for When Choosing a Broker in UAE?
New investors need to start by defining their goals and looking for a broker that works for their investing needs. For example, an investor that wants to hold stocks for the long term would need a different kind of broker compared to a new trader that wants to learn how to day trade.
In addition, beginners should look for educational resources and copy trading platforms. There is a lot to learn about investing, and if it is possible to get that education for free, all the better.
It is very important to understand fees because the amount an investor pays to buy, sell, and hold positions has an impact on profits. It is possible to gain exposure to US stocks with CFDs, but the cost to hold that position will be more than if an investor buys the same exposure via a broker that offers US stocks to investors in the UAE.
After analysing and comparing 105 online brokers available to users from the Middle east across 9 major categories, we consider eToro as the best trading platform for beginners in UAE. They offer high “ease of use” level, seamless and simple on-boarding, great customer support in Arabic and industry leading social trading features. This broker scored high in each of those areas, making it a great fit for novice traders who want to step into the markets confidently.
How much money do I need to start investing?
Every broker has a different minimum deposit, and there are brokers who allow account opening with $0.
Can I lose money in the markets?
It is possible to lose money investing, and stocks are volatile. It is a good idea to own a range of assets, so a single weak asset doesn’t ruin your investment portfolio.
Are stocks safe?
Buying single stocks isn’t a safe way to invest, and looking at diversified investments like ETFs is a much safer way to start investing.
What is the best kind of broker?
Your financial goals will determine the best kind of broker for your needs, so take time to make an investment plan before you choose a broker.
The mission of Business24-7 is to provide comprehensive, unbiased ratings and reviews of online providers. User experience, the mobile experience, customer service, costs and fees, security, the quality of trade executions, the products available on their platforms are all part of our six-month evaluation of a providers’s platform. The rating scale was based on thousands of data points that have been weighted into the scoring system.
Providers were also required to fill out a multi-point survey regarding every aspect of their platform. In-person demonstrations and evaluations were provided by the majority of the online providers we reviewed.
Stefan Grasic, along with our team of industry experts, conducted our reviews and developed this methodology for ranking what form is used in online investing.
Business24-7 maintains high editorial standards and provides the best advice and recommendations. The products and companies that we review may compensate us when you click on the links on this website. Click below to find out more about our review process and methodology.
All trading involves risk. More than 80% of investors lose in spread bet and CFD trading. As these complex instruments allow for the use of leverage, there is a high risk of losing more money than you have deposited. Before attempting to participate in spread bets and CFDs, consider how well you understand them and if you can afford to lose your money.
- 1 Top 5 Trading Platforms Beginners in UAE
- 1.1 Our Top 5 Choices in Overview:
- 1.1.1 01. eToro: Best Trading Platform and App in UAE for Beginners
- 1.1.2 02. Sarwa: Best Full Service Stock Broker in UAE
- 1.1.3 03. Capital.com: Best For Research and Education
- 1.1.4 04. AVA Trade: Best Trading Platform For Beginner Forex and CFD Traders
- 1.1.5 05. IG trading: Best Trading Platform for Beginner Stock and ETF Traders
- 1.2 How to Pick a Beginner-Friendly Trading Platform in UAE?
- 1.3 What Should Beginners Look out for When Choosing a Broker in UAE?
- 1.1 Our Top 5 Choices in Overview:
- 2 Final Verdict