Choosing the best crypto exchange in UAE isn’t easy! There are 155 exchanges available to UAE traders offering different fees, liquidity levels, staking options and overall trading experiences making it unclear for users to choose the right option. That said, it is key to understand your knowledge level and investment goals in order to sign up with an exchange that will match your expectations.
In this guide we go over the best crypto exchanges in UAE. We have analysed and compared 155 popular cryptocurrency exchanges in UAE and weighted their overall performance in 7 different categories to help you make an informed decision.
Top 6 Crypto Exchanges In UAE
- eToro is the top overall crypto exchange in UAE. Great copy trading tool, regulated by top tier one authorities.
- Coinbase finished up second as the best crypto trading platform. Great trading platform and low fees.
- OKX comes up on third spot. Industry lowest fee structure. Great tool set for beginners and advanced traders.
- Binance is at number four. Well established cryptocurrency trading platform with large trading volumes and liquidity.
- Kraken is in fifth place. Great Bitcoin exchange founded in 2022. Sophisticated trading tools for experienced investors.
- CEX IO finishes our list at six. Best automated crypto trading tools. Great assets coverage and crypto margin trading.
Best Crypto Exchanges in UAE and Dubai – List
|Exchange||Overall Score||General info||Fees (Maker/Taker)||Spot Volume (BTC)|
|#1||eToro||4.9||Best overall crypto exchange||1%/1%||$2,739,612|
|#2||Coinbase||4.8||Best crypto trading platform||1.99%/1.99%||$451,706,550|
|#3||OKX||4.8||Best for Low Fees||0.10%/0.02%||$89,000|
|#4||Binance||4.6||Best Altcoin Portfolio||0.1% /0.1%||$806,899,070|
|#5||Kraken||4.5||Most trusted exchange||0.16%/0.26%||$53,964,331|
|#6||CEX IO||4.5||Most asset classes||0.01%/0.00%||$808,571|
This section below breaks down the best crypto trading platforms in UAE, beginning with the best rated eToro.
01. eToro: Best UAE Crypto Exchange Overall
eToro and eToroX takes the first place as the best overall cryptocurrency for UAE and Dubai. Their trading platform is easy to use, offers advanced copy trading features and supports over 40 different digital assets. Professional traders will miss advanced conditional orders, sophisticated charting tools and some popular digital currencies.
eToroX comes with all features and tools offered by industry leading decentralised crypto exchanges including margin trading, fast execution, APIs and fiat deposits in USD and AED.
eToro is and well established global crypto exchange, regulated by top tier financial authorities. It keeps a track record of users stored funds for over a decade.
Account opening is fast and simple, customer supports is responsive and available in Arabic language. The minimum deposit for UAE residents is 730AED, withdrawal fees are low, overall fees are average. Read full eToro UAE review
|Number of coins||58|
|Taker Fees (Spot)||1%|
|Maker Fees (Spot)||1%|
- High ease of use level
- Intuitive mobile app
- Social trading features
- Broker and exchange services
- Integrated e-wallet
- Above average trading fees
- Medium liquidity levels
- Missing on advanced features
- Regulated by top tier financial regulators: FCA, CySEC and ASIC
- 75+ leading crypto coins available
- Best social trading app and platform
- AED 200 minimum deposit and $10 minimum crypto trade
- Competitive fees (1% on BTC + spread)
Crypto assets are unregulated & highly speculative. No consumer protection. Capital at risk.
02. Coinbase: Best Platform For Cryptocurrencies
Coinbase comes in second place as the best exchange for crypto beginners. Their trading platform offers access to over 100 crypto assets, fast trade execution, rewards on trading and a beginners friendly interface. Trading fees are above industry average.
Coinbase Pro is available for professionals with access to a lower fee structure and advanced tool including stop loss orders, advanced charting and indicators. Users will not find an option to trade futures or to trade on margin accounts. Customer support is below industry average. Read full Coinbase UAE review
|Number of coins||167|
|Taker Fees (Spot)||0.6%|
|Maker Fees (Spot)||0.4%|
- Easy buy and sell options for beginners
- Advanced order types
- Advanced charting features
- Sophisticated mobile app
- High Liquidity
- Above average fees
- No crypto derivatives
- 100 + digital coins available
- Easy to use interface suitable for beginners
- Possibility to earn interest on cryptocurrencies (Coinbase Earn)
03. OKX: Best For Low Fees
OKX is a great pick for casual to advanced crypto enthusiasts looking for an overall great package of different trading platforms, features and cryptocurrencies. OKX platform suite consists of two platforms which cover all trading levels:
- simple trading platform which makes it easy to buy and sell coins for beginners and offer basic order types
- active trading platform that offers advanced order types, charting features and trading strategies including margin trading.
OKX offers access to the most traded cryptocurrency assets, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple NFT’s, Shiba Inu and most Altcoins. Their crypto trading app is interactive, easy to use and beginner-friendly. They let users directly deposit money from their bank account and use tax filling tools.
OKX trading fees are the lowest in the industry. They start at 0.10% for basic spot trades and even decrease on higher volume. They are also a leader in staking rewards which can get you up to 100% annual interest on specific coins.
|Number of coins||347|
|Taker Fees (Spot)||0.1%|
|Maker Fees (Spot)||0.02%|
- Low fee structure
- Simple trading features for beginners
- Advanced trading features and charting tools
- Great staking rewards
- Crypto derivatives are available
- Low liquidity for certain coins
- Industry leading trading fees
- High liquidity levels
- Great security features
- Beginners and advances trading features
- Best bonus and reward program
04. Binance: Best Platform to Buy Cryptocurrency in UAE
Binance takes the fourth spot, as the best platform to buy cryptocurrency in UAE and Dubai. High-volume crypto traders will appreciate the high spot trading volumes, wide range of available coins, low fee structure and advanced trading tools and order types.
Binance has premium account features, including staking rewards and OTC trading. Traders earn from 1-10% for holding different assets over time. We recommend this crypto exchange for advanced UAE and Dubai crypto traders who want to trade with lower trading fees or invest in less popular altcoins. It is also a great option for short-term traders and automated crypto trading bots. We do not recommend Binance for beginner traders. Read full Binance UAE review.
|Number of coins||393|
|Taker Fees (Spot)||0.075%|
|Maker Fees (Spot)||0.075%|
- Advanced trading features
- Staking reward program
- High volume on most coins
- Great mobile trading app
- Competitive trading fees
- Beginners features missing
- Support is slow
- Biggest exchange based on trading volume and users (high liquidity levels)
- Lowest trading fees in the industry (0.10%/slide)
- Great selection of markets (650 currencies available)
- Access to leverage markets (spot trading, options, futures)
- e-wallets storage and access to crypto credit/debit cards
- Regulatory status in unclear
05. Kraken: Best Trading Platform for Bitcoin
Kraken is a well-established and the oldest crypto exchange with industry-leading technology. It finished in fifth place as the best trading platform for Bitcoin in UAE. It is a great choice for advanced crypto investors who are looking for margin and futures trading options, sufficient trading volume and low trading costs.
Krakens proprietary trading platform allows users to buy and sell digital currencies with the lowest fees in the industry, multiple order types, valuable educational resources and quick buy features. The mobile version in available on iOS and Android app and has all trading tools from the web version.
High-net-worth clients are the only ones allowed to use the exchange’s consultation and management services. Read full Kraken UAE review.
|Number of coins||133|
|Taker Fees (Spot)||0.26%|
|Maker Fees (Spot)||0.16%|
- High liquidity across all coins
- Great variety of coins
- High volume on most coins
- Technology supported trading features
- Competitive fees structure
- Higher fees on PRO platform
- Average support
- Great leverage trading features (50:1 on futures trading)
- Margin trading 1:5 on spot markets
- 75+ coins available
- Competitive fees lowering with a higher trading volume (starting with 0.26%)
- Offers cold storage of clients funds (95% of trading portfolio)
- Standard account for beginners and advanced platform for seasoned investors
- Great mobile crypto trading app available on iOS and Android
06. CEX IO: Best Cryptocurrency Exchange Dubai
CEX IO is finishing up our list of the top 6 crypto exchanges for UAE and Dubai citizens. With more than 90 different crypto asset classes, its advanced trading tools, cross-platform trading and availability in all MENA countries, it is a great fit for advanced traders.
Cex.io has high trading fees for debit/credit card transactions. Deposits are charged with a 2.99% fee, while withdrawals have a fee of 3%.
All traders receive staking rewards and access to a reliable mobile app enabling them to buy and sell cryptocurrency fast and cheap. Read the full Cex IO review.
|Number of coins||110|
|Taker Fees (Spot)||0.15%|
|Maker Fees (Spot)||0.25%|
- Great variety of different cryptos
- Staking reward program
- Collateralised loan options
- Regulated and licensed by top tier regulators
- High deposit and withdrawal fees
- Low liquidity levels
How To Pick a Crypto Exchange?
The main criteria to consider when choosing a crypto exchange include: fees, trading platform, mobile trading, deposits & withdrawals, assets, customer support, liquidity and security.
- Fees: Avoid exchanges that charge high fees on trades, overnight fees and hidden fees.
- Trading platforms: Look for intuitive, easy to use and fast executing trading platforms.
- Mobile Trading: Mobile trading apps should offer the same trading tools and charts as their web versions.
- Deposit & Withdrawal: Choose an exchange that offers your preferred deposit and withdrawal options with low or no fees.
- Assets: Look for the best coverage of asset classes. Exchanges not offering the most popular alt coins should be voided.
- Customer support: Beginner crypto traders should look out for responsive and professional customer support available in their language.
- Liquidity: High liquidity and trading volumes guarantee that you will be able to sell your crypto assets.
- Security: Prioritise regulated exchanges offering proof of funds, penetration tests and have a clean history record of hack attacks. Always check security features with the crypto exchange security rating agency (CER.live)
*Safety Risks For UAE Citizens
A trustworthy cryptocurrency exchange for UAE citizens is government-regulated and has a trading licence. Larger exchanges have a banking history.
Cryptocurrency Exchanges in UAE and Dubai Compared Side by Side
The table below breaks down our recommended cryptocurrency exchanges for UAE and Dubai.
|Exchanges||Digital Assets||Maker Fees||Spot Volume (BTC)||Security Rating||NFTs|
|eToro||66||1% + spread||$2,739,612||AAA||NO|
|Cash App||1||1.5% to 2.3%||$68,571.00||BBB||NO|
How to Start Trading With – eToro?
eToro is the most popular crypto exchange in UAE because of zero hidden fees, copy trading tools, demo account and a beginner friendly platform. Below are steps you need to take in order to start trading on eToro.
STEP 1: Open up the eToro Official Website
Find the link to the eToro crypto section under this link here: https://www.etoro.com/crypto/
STEP 2: Click on the “Get Started” Button
STEP 3: Verify Your Trading Account
To buy cryptocurrency using eToro you need to open a trading account, verify your account and make a deposit. This will enable you to buy, hold and sell crypto assets using this trading platform.
STEP 4: Buy Cryptocurrency
You can buy, hold and sell fractions of each crypto asset. To own a crypto coin you don’t need to buy the whole coin.
We recommend eToro as the best crypto exchange for UAE and Dubai crypto enthusiast. They offer brokerage and exchange services at the same time along with zero commission fee trades, advanced copy trading tools, a user friendly platform and availability of 40 different crypto asset classes.
The results from our final verdict are based on our evaluation process where we research and analyse all aspects of crypto exchange services including fees, trading platform, mobile trading, deposits & withdrawals, assets, customer support, liquidity and security.
What Is A Centralized Cryptocurrency Exchange?
A centralized exchange is a private company that offers platforms to trade cryptocurrencies. These exchanges will request registration and identification, known as the Know Your Client rule. Some of the most popular centralized exchanges are Coinbase, Binance, and Kraken.
What Is A Decentralized Cryptocurrency Exchange?
A decentralized exchange does not have a central point of control. It resembles a server, but it has each computer within the server spread out across the world. If one computer malfunctions, it does not affect the network. However, decentralized exchanges aren’t obliged to follow any rules of any regulatory body. If you opt for a decentralized exchange, you should consider the risks associated with it. Read our in-depth reviews to learn more about cryptocurrency exchanges and safety.
How To Buy Cryptocurrency Through an Exchange?
Centralized exchanges let users deposit government-backed currencies (fiat money) from a bank account or credit/debit card. These centralized exchanges then provide tools for swapping that currency into the cryptocurrency you choose. The exchange either directly stores the cryptocurrency or transfers it to a wallet you specify.
How To Open A Cryptocurrency Exchange Account?
Cryptocurrency exchanges have you set up an online account and submit proof of identity. This verification process includes checking your identity with a third-party application or submitting a picture of your ID.
How To Cash Out Cryptocurrency In UAE?
If you want to cash out crypto in UAE, you’ll have to use an exchange that supports withdrawals in your fiat currency. BitOAsis lets users in the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Bahrain, and Saudi Arabia withdraw AED to a bank account.
A straightforward way to cash out crypto is with a Uquid debit card. It offers a smooth conversion process for Bitcoin. Bitcoin ATMs are another top way to exchange BTC for fiat currency. One Bitcoin ATM is available in the UAE in Dubai.
LocalBitcoins and other P2P exchanges will help you cash out crypto. Such providers let you buy/sell Bitcoin for different payment methods, including gift cards and bank transfers. LocalBitcoins represents a peer-to-peer exchange to buy/sell with another trader. Keep in mind that this comes with more risks. Check our in-depth reviews to learn more about Bitcoin trading in the UAE.
Is Cryptocurrency Trading in Compliance to the Sharia Law?
Trading cryptos is “halal” and in compliance with the sharia law if the underlaying tokes in halal.
All trading involves risk. More than 80% of investors lose in spread bet and CFD trading. As these complex instruments allow for the use of leverage, there is a high risk of losing more money than you have deposited. Before attempting to participate in spread bets and CFDs, consider how well you understand them and if you can afford to lose your money.
eToro is a multi-asset platform which offers both investing in stocks and cryptoassets, as well as trading CFDs. Please note that CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage.75% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work, and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money. Past performance is not an indication of future results. Cryptoassets are volatile instruments which can fluctuate widely in a very short timeframe and therefore are not appropriate for all investors. Other than via CFDs, trading cryptoassets is unregulated and therefore is not supervised by any EU regulatory framework.
- 1 Top 6 Crypto Exchanges In UAE
- 2 Best Crypto Exchanges in UAE and Dubai – List
- 3 How To Pick a Crypto Exchange?
- 4 Conclusion
- 4.1 FAQ
- 4.2 What Is A Centralized Cryptocurrency Exchange?
- 4.3 What Is A Decentralized Cryptocurrency Exchange?
- 4.4 How To Buy Cryptocurrency Through an Exchange?
- 4.5 How To Open A Cryptocurrency Exchange Account?
- 4.6 How To Cash Out Cryptocurrency In UAE?
- 4.7 Is Cryptocurrency Trading in Compliance to the Sharia Law?