This parallel comparison helps users who are confused about choosing between AvaTrade and IC Markets to find the best online broker for their trading and investment needs. It studies the fundamental features of the two brokers side by side to help users compare their service and make an informed decision.
To help users pick the right broker between AvaTrade and IC Markets to find the best-suited platform, below is a list of broker’s pros and cons, followed by a comparison of their fundamental trading features, including trading platforms & tools, fees, mobile trading, deposit & withdrawal, assets, regulation, and customer support.
AvaTrade vs. IC Markets: Summary
AVATrade is an international forex and CFD broker founded in 2006. It has licenses from multiple tier-one regulators, including the DFSA and ADGM. Their proprietary trading platform and mobile trading app (AvaTradeGO) allow users to trade on 1365+ tradable symbols, including 1200+ CFDs on forex, stocks, options, cryptos, and commodities.
Their vast range of trading platforms (MT4, MT5, Options app, Web, Mobile, and Mac version) are suitable for intermediate to advanced traders looking for various trading strategies like social and copy, automated and algorithmic trading, scalping, and Expert Advisors.
AvaTrade fees are comparable to other similar CFD brokers like Plus500 and Pepperstone. They charge fixed forex spreads from 0.9 pips (EUR/USD) and 0% commission on stocks and crypto CFDs. They additionally charge overnight, currency conversion, and inactivity fees, which makes their overall costs industry average.
AvaTrade’s customer service is available by email, live chat, phone, and WhatsApp in English and Arabic.
IC Markets is a reputable forex and CFD broker regulated by two tier-one regulators (the ASIC and CySEC). They allow users to trade on over 3,500 symbols including 61 forex pairs and dozens of CFDs on cryptocurrencies, shares and indices.
IC Markets features multiple trading platforms and third party plugins including MetaTrader 4 (MT4), MetaTrade 5 (MT5), cTrader, myfxbook and AutoTrade. They also offer scalable order execution options without requotes and possibilities to place trades within the spread, which makes IC Markets an interesting choice for algorithmic traders.
IC Markets trading fees are among the lowest in the industry. They charge an average spread of 0.2 pips (EUR/USD) without extra commission. They also offer discounts to active traders with a trade volume above 100 lots/month.
IC Markets customer service is available by email, phone, and live chat in English, Arabic, and several other languages.
- Low minimum deposit ($100)
- Fixed forex spreads from 0.9 pips
- Wide range of platforms and third party integrations (MT4, MT5, TradingView)
- Support for various trading styles (algorithmic, automated, copy trading)
- Intuitive mobile app
- Comparing others relatively few trading instruments are offered; offers Forex, CFDs and Binary Options
- MT4, MT5 and cTrader integration
- Low trading fees (from 0,0 pips EUR/USD)
- Fast trade execution
- Copy trading features (DupliTrade and Zulutrade)
- Up to 1:500 leverage
- Free access to Equinix NY4 VPS server
- Limited educational material
- Limited availability of assets
- No research and analysis tools
- Access to 1250 CFDs and 44 forex options
- Excellent copy trading features
- Advanced mobile trading app (AvaOptions)
- Industry average pricing
- Perfect for casual and advanced traders
- Access to the full meta trader suite
- Access to over 3,500 financial instruments
- MT4, MT5 and cTrader integration
- Raw spreads from 0,0 pips
- Algorithmic trading features
- Access to Expert Advisors (EA’s)
- Wide range of apps (MT4,MT5, cTrader)
AvaTrade vs. IC Markets Comparison
Trading Platform & Tools
|MetaTrader 4 (MT4)|
|MetaTrader 5 (MT5)|
|Mutual Fund Management|
|Inactivity Fee||$50 after every 3 months and $100 after every 12 months||0|
|Cost Per Trade||0||$3.5 per lot|
|Cost Per Month||0||0|
|Stocks & ETF||0||0|
Deposit & Withdrawal
|Minimum deposit (in UAE)||$100||$200|
|Islamic Account Transfer|
|ETF & Funds||0||0|
|CFD Indices & Funds||91||25|
|Tier 1 License|
|Tier 2 License|
|Tier 3 License|
Research & Education
|Daily News Updates|
|Market Indepth Analysis|
|Pers. Training & Room|
|Personal Account Manager|
AvaTrade vs. IC Markets Comparison Conclusion
The results of our comparison of AvaTrade vs. IC Markets are wrapped up in the table below.
|AvaTrade||Forex, CFDs and Options|
|IC Markets||Forex and CFDs; Algorithmic Trading|
Choosing between AvaTrade and IC Markets can be tough. Both online brokers have similarities but vary based on trading fees, platform selection, products, licenses, and trading features. Selecting the best broker depends on users’ trading & investment goals, individual preferences, and knowledge level.