Interactive Brokers and Henyep Markets (HYCM) are top brokerage firms. Interactive Brokers is a safe broker with licenses from the FINMA, IIROC, FCA, MAS, FSA, SFC, and CFTC. It offers a proprietary platform and a premium app with a virtual trading account. This broker is an excellent choice for professionals because of its premium services.
HYCM is a well-established MetaTrader broker with an expensive fee structure. We do not recommend it for active traders. It has limited research and education tools. HYCM is a good fit for new traders, as it has beginner trading videos and webinars.
Both brokerage firms have strengths and weaknesses. This article discusses the differences between Interactive Brokers and HYCM.
|Broker Name||Interactive Brokers||HYCM|
|Regulation||SEC (USA), FCA (UK)||CySEC, FCA, CIMA, DFSA|
|Tradable Assets||Stock, ETF, Forex, Fund, Bond, Options, Futures, |
CFD, Crypto, Warrants, Structured Products
|Forex, CFD, Cryptocurrency|
|Platforms||Traders Workstation (TWS)||MT4, MT5|
|Deposit||You can open account without deposit||$100|
|Withdrawals||Free of charge for the first withdrawal in calendar month||Free of charge|
Top findings from the Interactive Brokers vs. HYCM review:
- Interactive Brokers is a top online broker with professional tools and platforms.
- HYCM is a premium broker with access to the full MetaTrader suite.
- Both brokers offer premium services and a demo account to test their offering.
Interactive Brokers is a good fit for professional investors because of its premium tools and services. We recommend HYCM to traders at all levels because of its tutorials and educational tools.
|Commissions & Fees||4.5||3.5|
|Offering of Investments||5||3|
|Platforms & Tools||4.5||3.5|
|66% of retail CFD accounts lose money||72% of retail CFD accounts lose money|
Level of experience
Professional and active traders prefer Interactive Brokers over HYCM. It offers robust research tools, including forex news and Trading Central. This broker has practical learning materials, including webinars. Interactive Brokers offers premium platforms and tools, which is why it’s a top choice for advanced investors.
HYCM has user-friendly educational and research materials. These include investor dictionaries, webinars, and trading videos. HYCM has professional trading tools and access to MT4 and MT5.
The minimum initial deposit at HYCM is $100, while Interactive Brokers doesn’t charge a fee. Both brokers follow a transparent fee structure.
Interactive Brokers offers 105 forex currency pairs, while HYCM has 69 available pairs. Interactive Brokers has 7400 CFDs, while HYCM provides access to 278 CFDs.
Interactive Brokers offers a premium trading experience with desktop and web platforms. It offers some useful educational materials, including advanced trading videos. We recommend it for professionals, as its platforms follow the industry’s highest standards.
HYCM is a MetaTrader-only broker with a separate platform for its Hong Kong and China securities offering. It has a demo account and social trading services. HYCM offers an education portal with training videos and trading courses.
Banking services support a good online trading experience. Interactive Brokers offers as its funding option bank transfers. HYCM has bank transfers, credit/debit cards, and Skrill.
Interactive Brokers and HYCM are top brokerage firms. Both have advantages and disadvantages depending on your trading needs, skills, and experience. Interactive Brokers is a good fit for professionals. We recommend HYCM for beginners as it has a reliable learning center.
Interactive Brokers compared to other brokers:
- Interactive Brokers vs AVAtrade
- Interactive Brokers vs Pepperstone
- Interactive Brokers vs TD Ameritrade
- Interactive Brokers vs XTB
- Interactive Brokers vs XM
- Interactive Brokers vs Moneta Markets
- Interactive Brokers vs Fxpro
- Interactive Brokers vs FP Markets
- Interactive Brokers vs Eightcap
- Interactive Brokers vs City Index
- Interactive Brokers vs IG
- Interactive Brokers vs Tickmill
- Interactive Brokers vs CMC Markets
- Interactive Brokers vs Forex.com
- Interactive Brokers vs Swissquote
- Interactive Brokers vs VT Markets
- Interactive Brokers vs HYCM
- Interactive Brokers VS Vantage FX
- Interactive Brokers vs OandA
- Interactive Brokers vs IC Markets
- Interactive Brokers vs FXCM
- Interactive Brokers Review
- Interactive Brokers Fees Explained
- Interactive Brokers Minimum Deposit
- Interactive Brokers Account Opening
- Interactive Brokers App
- Interactive Brokers Customer Service
- Is Interactive Brokers a Legitimate Broker?
- Is Interactive Brokers Free?
- Is Interactive Brokers Good For Beginners?
- How to Buy/Sell Silver At Interactive Brokers
- Can You Trade Options At Interactive Brokers?
The mission of Business24-7 is to provide comprehensive, unbiased ratings and reviews of online providers. User experience, the mobile experience, customer service, costs and fees, security, the quality of trade executions, the products available on their platforms are all part of our six-month evaluation of a providers’s platform. The rating scale was based on thousands of data points that have been weighted into the scoring system.
Providers were also required to fill out a multi-point survey regarding every aspect of their platform. In-person demonstrations and evaluations were provided by the majority of the online providers we reviewed.
Stefan Grasic, along with our team of industry experts, conducted our reviews and developed this methodology for ranking what form is used in online investing.
Business24-7 maintains high editorial standards and provides the best advice and recommendations. The products and companies that we review may compensate us when you click on the links on this website. Click below to find out more about our review process and methodology.
All trading involves risk. More than 80% of investors lose in spread bet and CFD trading. As these complex instruments allow for the use of leverage, there is a high risk of losing more money than you have deposited. Before attempting to participate in spread bets and CFDs, consider how well you understand them and if you can afford to lose your money.