This side-by-side comparison helps users who need help choosing between AvaTrade and IG Trading to select the ideal online broker for their trading and investment needs. It studies the main features of the two brokers side by side to help users compare their service and make an informed decision.
To help users select the optimal broker between AvaTrade and IG Trading to find the best-suited platform, below is a list of broker’s pros and cons, followed by a comparison of their fundamental trading features, including trading platforms & tools, fees, mobile trading, deposit & withdrawal, assets, regulation, and customer support.
AvaTrade vs. IG Trading: Summary
AVATrade is an international forex and CFD broker founded in 2006. It has licenses from multiple tier-one regulators, including the DFSA and ADGM. Their proprietary trading platform and mobile trading app (AvaTradeGO) allow users to trade on 1365+ tradable symbols, including 1200+ CFDs on forex, stocks, options, cryptos, and commodities.
Their vast range of trading platforms (MT4, MT5, Options app, Web, Mobile, and Mac version) are suitable for intermediate to advanced traders looking for various trading strategies like social and copy, automated and algorithmic trading, scalping, and Expert Advisors.
AvaTrade fees are comparable to other similar CFD brokers like Plus500 and Pepperstone. They charge fixed forex spreads from 0.9 pips (EUR/USD) and 0% commission on stocks and crypto CFDs. They additionally charge overnight, currency conversion, and inactivity fees, which makes their overall costs industry average.
AvaTrade’s customer service is available by email, live chat, phone, and WhatsApp in English and Arabic.
IG is a globally operating online broker regulated by eight tier-one regulators (FCA, ASIC, JFSA, MAS, FINMA, FMA, CFTC and MiFID). They offer users access to 19,500 tradable symbols including 20,000 CFDs, forex, forex options, stocks and cryptocurrencies. IG users can choose between various trading platforms including a proprietary Web-based platform, L2 Dealer DMA, MetaTrader 4 and ProRealTime charting feature.
IG trading fees are competitive for active traders. The size of the brokers allows fast and reliable order execution also on larger orders. IG also offered spread rebates on higher volume CFD trades.
IG additionally offers extensive educational materials (daily video market updates and technical and fundamental analysis case studies), a wide range of trading and research tools for beginners and advanced and intuitive trading apps.
IG’s customer service is available through live chat, email, phone, and WhatsApp in English, and several other languages.
- Low minimum deposit ($100)
- Fixed forex spreads from 0.9 pips
- Wide range of platforms and third party integrations (MT4, MT5, TradingView)
- Support for various trading styles (algorithmic, automated, copy trading)
- Comparing others relatively few trading instruments are offered; offers Forex, CFDs and Binary Options
- Regulated by 8 tier-one regulators
- Access to over 19,500 tradable instruments
- Wide range of trading platforms and third party plugins
- Extensive research and education resources
- Competitive pricing
- Slightly higher fees on CFDs
- Limited banking options
- Access to 1250 CFDs and 44 forex options
- Excellent copy trading features
- Advanced mobile trading app (AvaOptions)
- Industry average pricing
- Perfect for casual and advanced traders
- Access to the full meta trader suite
- Access to 20,000 CFDs across various markets
- Great selection of platforms and third-party plugins
- Fast and responsive customer support
- Advanced research and analysis tools (L2 Dealer and ProRealTime)
- APIs for Expert Advisors and other automated trading software
- Free trading signals and alerts
AvaTrade vs. IG Trading Comparison
Trading Platform & Tools
|MetaTrader 4 (MT4)|
|MetaTrader 5 (MT5)|
|Mutual Fund Management|
|Inactivity Fee||$50 after every 3 months and $100 after every 12 months|
|Cost Per Trade||0||0|
|Cost Per Month||0||$18|
|Forex (EUR/USD)||0.9||0.6 pips|
|Stocks & ETF||0||0.3 pips|
|CFD (Gold)||3.4||0.3 pips|
Deposit & Withdrawal
|Minimum deposit (in UAE)||$100||$5500|
|Islamic Account Transfer|
|ETF & Funds||0||1000|
|CFD Indices & Funds||91||80|
|Tier 1 License|
|Tier 2 License|
|Tier 3 License|
Research & Education
|Daily News Updates|
|Market Indepth Analysis|
|Pers. Training & Room|
|Personal Account Manager|
AvaTrade vs. IG Trading Comparison Conclusion
The results of our comparison of AvaTrade vs. IG Trading are wrapped up in the table below.
|AvaTrade||Forex, CFDs and Options|
|IG Trading||Great overall multi-asset broker|
Selecting the right choice between AvaTrade and IG Trading can be challenging. Both online brokers have similarities but vary based on trading instruments, platforms & apps, regulation, deposit & withdrawals, and research and education. Picking the best broker depends on users’ trading & investment goals, individual preferences, and experience level.