For a long time, the equity and forex markets were only accessible by hedge funds and financial institutions. This has changed in recent years. Offshore brokers offer retail traders the opportunity to trade the markets on their trading platforms. In this guide, we will discuss the best offshore trading platforms in UAE. You will have a better understanding of the different available trading platforms by reading through this guide. It will also be easier to decide where to open a trading account.
Each offshore trading platform has strengths and weaknesses. This article discusses the best offshore trading platforms in UAE.
Get me to the best overall apps and platforms.
Best Offshore Trading Platforms In UAE – List
- eToro has the best trading platform with excellent social trading services.
- Capital.com has the best low-spread offshore trading platform for forex trading.
- Libertex is a top Dubai forex broker and has straightforward platforms.
- Skilling has the best fee structure for UAE forex traders.
- AvaTrade is one of the best forex brokers and has the best offshore platform for high leverage.
|#1||eToro||Excellent social trading services||4.9 / 5||Best trading platform||Official website|
|#2||Capital.com||Beginner-friendly and many research tools.||4.7 / 5||Best low-spread offshore trading platform||Official website|
|#3||Libertex||Straightforward platforms||4.6 / 5||Top Dubai forex broker||Official website|
|#4||Skilling||Top choice for professionals||4.4 / 5||Best fee structure||Official website|
|#5||AvaTrade||Beginner-friendly||4.8 / 5||The best offshore platform for high leverage||Official website|
Best Offshore Trading Platforms In UAE Reviewed
01. eToro: Best Offshore Trading Platform In UAE
eToro is the offshore trading platform that is the most popular among UAE traders. It is easy to understand, has over 2400 assets available and you can invest in cryptocurrency via them. Apart from cryptocurrencies, users can also invest in stocks, forex, indices, and commodities. eToro allows commission-free CFD trading with leverage. They also offer a built-in crypto wallet for cryptocurrency traders.
Trading with leverage means that you can open bigger trades than you would normally be able to. eToro has a desktop trading platform and a mobile trading app. With the trading app, you can manage your trades on the go.
One of the most popular features on eToro is the Copy Trading Feature. With this feature, you can copy the trades of experienced traders. eToro is a regulated broker and your funds with them are insured. The minimum deposit required to open an eToro trading account is $50.
|Low fees||No advanced trading tools or features|
|Easy to use||Not compatible with Meta Trader|
02. Capital.com: Best Low Spread Offshore Trading Platform
Capital.com is a great alternative to eToro. It is a trading platform that is popular among forex traders and more experienced traders in general. Users of the platform can trade over 130 forex pairs on their trading platform with up to 100x leverage. The spreads on Capital.com are low and tight, like 1,3 pips on GBP/USD and only 0.6 pips on EUR/USD.
Capital.com has two trading platforms. One proprietary platform which acts as a web trader and one MT4 platform. MT4 or Meta Trader 4 is more suitable for experienced traders who like to analyze forex pairs and want to conduct technical analysis. Capital.com is regulated by both CySec and the FCA. The minimum deposit at Capital.com is $20. This means you can start trading the markets with a deposit of only $20 or more.
|Leverage up to 100x||No copy trading|
|MT4 compatible||Not easy to understand for beginners|
|Low minimum deposit||No signals provided|
03. Libertex: Best Intuitive Offshore Trading Platform For UAE Traders
Libertex is a reliable offshore trading platform that offers stock, commodity, forex, and crypto trading. This broker is compatible with both Meta Trader 4 and Meta Trader 5, making it a favorite among day traders. Most day traders use Libertex for their forex trading as they can trade over 50 currency pairs on the website. Libertex offers leveraged trading with leverage up to 30x. Libertex doesn’t charge spreads, but a commission of 0,0006% of each trade. This makes Libertex suitable for those who place a lot of trades.
If you are an institutional trader you can trade with up to 1000x on Libertex. This is one of the highest leverages offered by offshore brokers. The trading platform contains tools for technical analysis and a built-in news feed. It is possible to open a Libertex demo account to practice trading. For all these reasons Libertex is well-suited for beginners and professional traders.
|Compatible with MT4 and MT5||The high leverage can backfire|
|High leverage of up to 1000x|
|No spreads charged|
04. Skilling: Best Fee Structure For UAE Traders
Skilling is a new offshore trading platform where you can trade over 800 CFDs on forex, crypto, and stocks. The leverages offered range from 100x to 500x, and up to 10x on crypto. Skilling is regulated by Cysec and the broker doesn’t charge any fees or commissions. They only charge spread on your trades. Skilling has a copy trading feature like eToro. With this feature, you can copy the trades of experienced traders from within your account.
|Regulated by CySEC||Only CFD trading|
|No trading fees or commissions||No MT4 or MT5 compatibility|
|Copy Trading feature|
05. AvaTrade: Best Offshore Trading Platform For High Leverage
AvaTrade is the best offshore trading platform for UAE traders that trade with high leverage. The platform supports Meta Trader 4, 5, expert advisors, and automated trading tools like DupliTrade, AvaSocial, and ZuluTrade. The leverage on forex is among the highest within the industry, being 400x.
AvaTrade charges low, floating spreads (of 0,9 pips on EUR/USD for example). It is possible to trade cryptocurrencies on AvaTrade as well as open an Islamic trading account. With this type of account, you can only invest in stocks of companies that obey Sharia law. New traders can open a free demo account to see how AvaTrade works.
|High leverage of up to 400x||The high leverage can backfire|
|Demo account and Islamic account available|
|Compatible with MT4 and MT5|
Best offshore trading app for UAE traders
Although the best offshore trading app depends on your own trading needs, eToro is the best offshore trading platform for UAE traders. eToro offers commission-free trading, has the copy trading feature, and allows you to trade in crypto from $50. The crypto you buy on eToro is your crypto and you can send it to another crypto wallet. With all the other brokers you can only buy CFDs on crypto. This means you will never own the crypto yourself at these brokers.
How to choose the right offshore trading platform in UAE?
It is very important that you choose the right broker to trade with. If your broker charges high fees, you will make less profit. You also want your broker to offer the assets you want to trade. If you use MetaTrader 4, 5, or automated trading software, you want to make sure the broker is compatible with this. There are also other factors that play a role. Below we will take a look at these other important factors.
You should always pay attention to the regulatory body of the broker you are trading with. It is important that a broker is regulated, else you can expect them to cheat on you. It is a good sign if a broker is regulated by CySec, CFTC, or FCA. In this case, you know that the broker has a so-called tier-1 license. They don’t want to lose this license and won’t scam you.
Most of the time your capital is insured with regulated brokers. This means that if the broker would go bankrupt, you still get a certain amount of your money back. Regulated brokers also do not manipulate the market or charge you any hidden fees. Their staff will not call you to deposit more money into your account or offer you bonuses.
2. Tradable assets
Another important factor you want to consider before choosing a trading platform is the assets they offer. It has no use if you want to trade cryptocurrencies, but the platform only allows stocks and forex trading. We recommend choosing a broker where you can trade stocks, cryptocurrencies, CFDs, ETFs, mutual funds
The fees of a trading platform have a big impact on your profit and usable trading strategies. If a broker charges you high commissions on every trade, you won’t be able to scalp the markets. Most brokers either charge commission or spread. We recommend brokers that charge spread only, like eToro.
- Spreads – When a broker or trading platform charges spreads this means they charge more for an asset than its original market price. The height of the spread depends on the volatility and liquidity of the market. You want to trade with a broker that charges low spreads.
- Other trading platform and broker fees – Some trading platforms and brokers charge other fees. These can be annual charges to use the platform, fees for depositing or withdrawing money, or an inactivity fee for dormant accounts. These fees are not that high, but you shouldn’t forget about them.
4. Trading Features
You should always check the available trading features a trading platform or broker offers. The more features, the better, even if you don’t use them. We highlighted the features and tools of the best offshore trading platforms in the UAE in this article.
- Shares and low minimum trade sizes – Some brokers allow you to buy fractions of a stock. In this case, you don’t need to buy an entire stock but you can buy 1/10th of stock for instance. This allows you to place smaller trades and better diversify your portfolio. eToro is one of the trading platforms that allow fractional investing.
- Auto Trading – There are trading platforms that allow you to use automated trading software. Most of the time this is through MT4 or MT5 integration, but there are also trading platforms where you can deploy your own trading bots and scripts. If you like to trade the markets on auto-pilot, this is a feature that your broker or trading platform should offer.
- Order types – You want to be able to place all kinds of orders when trading. A good trading platform offers market orders, limit orders, stop-limit orders, and stop-loss orders.
- Technical and fundamental analysis tools – Technical and fundamental analysis tools are important when trading the markets. Technical analysis tools include charting and analysis methods that can be applied. Fundamental analysis tools include financial reports, economic calendars, and other data reports. Most traders use only one of the two types of analysis tools, but you will want to trade with a broker or trading platform that offers both.
- Demo account – A demo account can help you get familiar with a trading platform. It is a great way to see how everything works without investing real money. You can use demo accounts to practice different trading strategies and tools. We recommend trading with a broker that offers free demo accounts like eToro.
- Mobile trading app – It is handy when you can trade on the go. This way you stay connected with your open trades and can decide to close them wherever you are. Mobile trading apps allow you to set up price alerts and push notifications so you are always updated.
- Payment methods -The more payment methods a trading platform offers, the better. It is also important that the broker pays out withdrawals fast. You want to be able to move money in and out of your trading account as fast and easily as possible. Good brokers like eToro accept PayPal, Skrill, credit card, and other payment methods.
5. Customer service
It is important that the trading platform you use offers good customer service. You want someone to speak to when you have a question or problem with your account, preferably by live chat. The best trading platforms offer 24/7 customer service and answer all your questions fast. We recommend eToro because they have outstanding Arabic customer service.
Day trading and crypto trading have become very popular in the UAE. For this reason, more brokers and trading platforms are now accessible from the UAE that allow individuals to day trade the markets. There are some things to consider when choosing the right trading platform or broker for you. In this article, we told you what you need to know to find your ideal trading platform. We recommend eToro as the best offshore trading platform in UAE.
We review offshore platforms and forex brokers in the UAE based on 105 criteria. We use real accounts and transactions for the best results. Check our Methodology section to read about our system.
Are There Any Safety Risks For UAE Citizens?
Online trading in the United Arab Emirates is legal. Traders choose a broker with top-tier licenses from a foreign authority. The FCA, CySEC, and ASIC are leading regulators for online platforms. The platforms in this review are secure and have top-tier licenses.
Is Forex Trading Legal In The UAE?
Forex trading is legal in the UAE. Traders choose a forex broker with top-tier licenses from a foreign authority. Dubai forex brokers follow strict rules under SCA. Our in-depth reviews discuss the best Dubai forex brokers overseen by the Dubai Financial Services Authority.
Who Regulates Trading Platforms In The UAE?
The regulatory bodies in the UAE are the Dubai Financial Market and Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange. These function under the Securities and Commodities Authority regulations.
Are Offshore Platforms Trustworthy?
If you selected a regulated online broker, trading is safe. Remember that online trading comes with some risks depending on your trading experience. Check our in-depth reviews to learn more about UAE brokers, financial markets, and safety.
Which Is The Best Offshore Trading Platform In The UAE?
eToro is the top provider of trading services for UAE traders. It offers a comprehensive portfolio and social trading services. eToro is one of the best forex brokers for professional traders.
The mission of Business24-7 is to provide comprehensive, unbiased ratings and reviews of the best online brokers. Trading platform, fees, mobile trading, payments, assets, regulation, education, and research are all part of our six-month evaluation of a broker’s trading platform. The rating scale was based on thousands of data points that have been weighted into the scoring system. Brokerages were required to fill out a multi-point survey regarding every aspect of their platform. In-person demonstrations and evaluations were provided by the majority of the online brokers we reviewed.
Stefan Grasic, along with our team of industry experts, conducted our reviews and developed this methodology for ranking what form is used in online investing.
All trading involves risk. More than 80% of investors lose in spread bet and CFD trading. As these complex instruments allow for the use of leverage, there is a high risk of losing more money than you have deposited. Before attempting to participate in spread bets and CFDs, consider how well you understand them and if you can afford to lose your money
- 1 Best Offshore Trading Platforms In UAE – List
- 1.1 Best Offshore Trading Platforms In UAE Reviewed
- 1.1.1 01. eToro: Best Offshore Trading Platform In UAE
- 1.1.2 02. Capital.com: Best Low Spread Offshore Trading Platform
- 1.1.3 03. Libertex: Best Intuitive Offshore Trading Platform For UAE Traders
- 1.1.4 04. Skilling: Best Fee Structure For UAE Traders
- 1.1.5 05. AvaTrade: Best Offshore Trading Platform For High Leverage
- 1.2 Best offshore trading app for UAE traders
- 1.3 How to choose the right offshore trading platform in UAE?
- 1.1 Best Offshore Trading Platforms In UAE Reviewed
- 2 Conclusion