The Pineapple Fund was a philanthropic project by an anonymous individual that donated over 5,057 Bitcoins to 60 charities. The pseudonymous Pine announced on Reddit on December 14, 2017, that his goals and motivations in life have nothing to do with being mega-rich and that he decided to donate the majority of his Bitcoins to charities.
Over 10,000 applicants signed up via the application form that was open to charities on Reddit. Over a period of five months, the fund donated a total of 5,104 Bitcoins to 60 different charities.
Pine has always remained pseudonymous.
Pineapple Fund Donations
– $1 million to Watsi, a healthcare crowdfunding charity.
– $2 million to the Organ Preservation Alliance.
– $3 million to the SENS Research Foundation and the Methuselah Foundation.
– $5 million to GiveDirectly, The Open Medicine Foundation, and to MAPS.
– $1 million to the BitGive Foundation, the Internet Archive, and the Sustainable Ocean Alliance.
Business24-7 aims to help those interested in cryptocurrency make safe and informed investing decisions. We are dedicated to offering our readers unbiased reviews of leading cryptocurrency exchanges for traders at all levels. Cryptocurrency exchanges are included in our reviews if they are safe, liquid, regulated by proper authority, or decentralized.
All trading involves risk. More than 80% of investors lose in spread bet and CFD trading. As these complex instruments allow for the use of leverage, there is a high risk of losing more money than you have deposited. Before attempting to participate in spread bets and CFDs, consider how well you understand them and if you can afford to lose your money.